Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

We’ve had about a 11-14” or more of rain since 9/1 in the region just south of Boston.

Yeah, extrapolate that out 3x since July 1st and that's where my hood is at.  Our gardens were a train wreck. I couldn't believe the moss, mold and fungus I saw in the woods. This is the first time, since we moved here in 2008, that we have ever had mildew anywhere. Thankfully, this area of Greenfield is pretty much beach sand 15-20" down so water runs out pretty quickly.   Irene and July of this year were the only times I've ever had even a trickle of water in the basement.  Much of central Greenfield is red clay and wet basements are a given in the pattern we have had. Most of the older homes all have French drains in the basements, which is usually enough to handle Flash Flood stuff.  

Im out in Estes Park Colorado for a wedding this weekend. So looking forward to this forecast. 

Saturday Night
Rain and snow likely, becoming all snow after 8pm. Cloudy, with a low around 13. Northwest wind 6 to 9 mph becoming northeast in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Sunday
Snow likely, mainly before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 21. North wind 6 to 8 mph becoming east in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Sunday Night
A 20 percent chance of snow before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 5.
  • Thanks 1

1.06" brings me up to 1.73" for the month and 16.77" since April 25th when the heavy winter rain/snow turned off.  Over next 10 days perhaps another .25".  So that would bring me to about  17" for the past 6 months.  Looking at the AHPS maps Im about 75% of normal precip.

Foliage is at about 75%.  Peak should be within a few days.