Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

11 minutes ago, snowman21 said:

But are those all fake cold places? It's almost universal across the board that the average first frost date has moved at least a few days to a week later which lends credence to the notion that the fall growing season is extending by approximately 1/2 day per year.

Oh it effects all, just want to rub it in, to those who cherish their fake cold.

23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Oh it effects all, just want to rub it in, to those who cherish their fake cold.

Stop stealing my fake cold.  In fact you can have it now, just not in mid-summer.

If only the heating bills were fake like the cold :lol:.  

Heat is on and it's 47F and feels like it's about to plummet.  Some of the hollows around town are already 43-44F before 6:30.

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Stop stealing my fake cold.  In fact you can have it now, just not in mid-summer.

Heat is on and it's 47F and feels like it's about to plummet.  Some of the hollows around town are already 43-44F before 6:30.

Glad only you live there.

41 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

49 here too. I’m just kidding around. I know some get very defensive when we mention fake cold.

1 hour ago, snowman21 said:

But are those all fake cold places? It's almost universal across the board that the average first frost date has moved at least a few days to a week later which lends credence to the notion that the fall growing season is extending by approximately 1/2 day per year.

You can’t tell them that . It’s frosting every morning 

48 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

49 here too. I’m just kidding around. I know some get very defensive when we mention fake cold.

Ha yeah I love joking about it.  It's probably a little different in the NNE mountain valleys that it's like unstoppable to get that nighttime inversion... vs some micro scale hollow in CT that's 5F colder than everyone else.  The fake cold is more widespread up here and it's in every single town.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Stay safe on the roads 

My wife was stuck in a parking spot for a bit yesterday because someone with Florida plates stopped their car behind hers and got out to take a picture of a tree from the middle of the road (in the middle of town). 

It was still better than when people would come up on our lawn to within a foot or two of the house and take pictures of our scarecrows and maples.

Then there was the guy who went into our backyard trying to get a cell signal.

Good times.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Burke was 46F when I was there today at noon.

26 minutes ago, snowman21 said:

AC on here with temps still in the mid-60s, dews in the 50s, light SE wind right now.

75 miles to the northeast of you where I am it’s 12 degrees colder.   You’re definitely in a warm area of CT there In Greenwich!!  Big difference there compared to a lot of areas.

14 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

75 miles to the northeast of you where I am it’s 12 degrees colder.   You’re definitely in a warm area of CT there In Greenwich!!  Big difference there compared to a lot of areas.

Welcome to Connecticut. The parking lot between New York and Boston :)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya no parking lot here either...but his area is as congested as all heck..very different world there, in almost every way that’s for sure.

This part of the state is called the quiet corner for a reason.  I wouldn't trade it for anything, except occasionally in winter for some latitude   ;)