Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Generation . Meaning it has happened. Follow?

I'd argue you have to go way back to find something like this. This is the most humid since the late 40s and before that you had the dustbowl days and the little ice age. Maybe back to when the vikings were living on Greenland?

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I'd argue you have to go way back to find something like this. This is the most humid since the late 40s and before that you had the dustbowl days and the little ice age. Maybe back to when the vikings were living on Greenland?

Sounds like the span of a generation and just a run of the mill summer to me...:arrowhead:

28 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I just gave in and turned on the heat.  Wife is sick with a head cold and it's 58F inside... guess its finally time.  October 1st makes me feel better about turning on the heat.

Hope she feels better soon...ive started taking 2tbsp of fire cider and a tiny bit of royal jelly, every morning...yes, both come from old wives tales...but relatively inexpensive so i figured id try it

23 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Hope she feels better soon...ive started taking 2tbsp of fire cider and a tiny bit of royal jelly, every morning...yes, both come from old wives tales...but relatively inexpensive so i figured id try it

Sit and drink pennyroyal tea?

19 hours ago, dendrite said:

It's potted so I've been moving it in and out whenever the lows get below 45F. Ditto with my avocado trees. It's a ronde de bordeaux that was started as a cutting late last summer, but it's already pushing 4ft and has a lot of fruit on it. Once it's well into dormancy I'll put it into an even bigger pot.

I should probably just plant the thing every spring and then root prune it once it goes dormant.

got no fruit on  mine this year, after having a lot last year, not sure what happened.

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Apparently a disk completely blew out on its own. Crazy stuff. Feel like a 18 wheeler hit me. Will elucidate when I get lucid later.

Ginx.  Good luck.  I blew out a disk way back when I was 22.  Worst pain of my life.  Had to drop out of college.  Anyhow surgery worked great.  Knock on wood its been good for 42 years.  Thinking of you, it will work out!

18 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

About .70" so far... a good cold October soaking rain.  Unlike a lot of you further south, it's nice to see some rainy days up here.  

I am so done with rain!   There has to be places pushing 30" since July1st.  Does the elastic band snap just in time for winter and we go dry and cold?   At this point there are probably places where there could be zero precipitation from Dec - Feb  and they would still be above average.

58 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I am so done with rain!   There has to be places pushing 30" since July1st.  Does the elastic band snap just in time for winter and we go dry and cold?   At this point there are probably places where there could be zero precipitation from Dec - Feb  and they would still be above average.

I would venture a guess there may be places in E Upstate New York that could be pushing 40" since July 1?  I don't know, maybe there are places in W CT  pushing 40?

37 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I would venture a guess there may be places in E Upstate New York that could be pushing 40" since July 1?  I don't know, maybe there are places in W CT  pushing 40?

Highest in CT is 29.32" on cocorahs since 7/1. Obviously there could be areas above that are not covered by spotters, but FWIW. 

Edit: to add on the other states(cocorahs only):

MA: 31.88" Plainfield

RI: 20.09" Harrisville

VT: 27.02" Wilmington

NH: 25.84" Mason

ME: 17.80" Parsonsfield

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

If the rubber band snaps, it would mean all the QPF ends up this way ;).

NNE catches up with precipitation this winter hopefully?

90days.png.e7fa46e79a3c5d9f4921718345039bbf.png