Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

Just now, dryslot said:

You would of thought it was going to 9 days according to some, Like was mentioned, NBD and back to fallish weather for at least the next 5 days up here.

Looking forward to the weekend.  Gonna be in the 70s Sat and 60s Sun.  Wet month about to be closed out.  Almost 7" now.  April was my last month that was remotely as close to this on in that regard.

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

Looking forward to the weekend.  Gonna be in the 70s Sat and 60s Sun.  Wet month about to be closed out.  Almost 7" now.  April was my last month that was remotely as close to this on in that regard.

Been wet here as well, Didn't check the stratus this morning but we had a good soaking again last night after 1.22" previous to that, High 50's low 60's the next 5 with some cool nights in the low 40's.

0.16" from the CF showers, though I was out with the dog when the heaviest arrived.  :(
The whole WF/CF process brought 0.90" here, and only the far north got less.  Month is at 2.26" (avg is 3.7") and that's probably where it will finish.  Saw some very distant little flashes, couldn't even tell from which direction, on the month's last thunder opportunity.  Sept. averages slightly less than 1 thunder day, max is 2 - many times, and this month will make 9 of 21 with none.  We've had 10 thunder days this year, and the avg is 15-16.  Given the mongo dews late June onward, it's  surprising that thunder occurrence is BN rather than way AN.   OND avg is 0.7, max 3, and 11 of 20 years have had none, so we'll finish below the avg.  (Still awaiting 1st Novie thunder here.)

Edit:  Might need some QC on Dixfield's cocorahs reports for Sept. 26 and 27.  The 2-day total there is 9.11", while nobody else in Maine reached 3" and next highest in Oxford County was 1.66".  Dixfield borders Franklin County, and tops there was 1.13".

30 minutes ago, TheCloser24 said:

From Michael Ventrice: Just heard word that ECMWF will soon be providing 6Z and 18Z cycles (in addition to the 0/12Z runs). This will be hourly data from 0 to 90 hours and 3-hourly data from 93 to 144 hours for 00/06/12/18Z runs. Good news to start the day!

I wonder if the Euro loses some of its luster with more model runs?  Part of the suspense waiting for the Euro is you know it's only twice a day.

Then again, the folks running that model know they can really raise their prices for the model data if they are doubling the amount it's provided per day.  Wonder if the Euro prices get real steep to access those 6z and 18z runs.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I wonder if the Euro loses some of its luster with more model runs?  Part of the suspense waiting for the Euro is you know it's only twice a day.

Then again, the folks running that model know they can really raise their prices for the model data if they are doubling the amount it's provided per day.  Wonder if the Euro prices get real steep to access those 6z and 18z runs.

Yup, and Yup.

I suppose the doubling of the models could mean higher accuracy...or not, but I kind of like the twice daily format.

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

6 z and 18 z 4dar ocean coupled > than any model on earth , also with hourly to 90 hr mmmmmmmm. No cost increase