• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

Hating this east flow stratus... what a dreary day of low clouds and a damp chill.  

Its 48F at the base of the ski resort here and on the visible sat you can clearly see the Green Mountain Spine as the dividing line between dreary day and bright sunny afternoon.

IMG_0697.PNG.90a1fc217408de13237701e0041b0164.PNG

We have to live vicariously through the bright sunshine on the west side of the crest....this cam shows the cloud bank.

IMG_0698.thumb.JPG.da5821600f7af8df16db4cc512b417e5.JPG

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

It will be fun here dipping below freezing on clear night's in October/November, while it's 50F on Mt Tolland.

That is always a fun time. In fact, I think you guys will be wedged for a while tomorrow, while dews pound through the 60s over his house tomorrow evening.

What a glorious day! I never reached 50° F thanks to that lovely marine layer that came in from the east. The high recorded on my el cheapo thermometer, which tends to read a little high sometimes during the daylight hours, was 48° F.

Morning low was 40° F today and 39° F yesterday. There was even a little bit of fine drizzle too, which is amazing since a short distance away it was a much sunnier day.

15 minutes ago, amarshall said:

We're staying at the Mount Washington this weekend. Trying to hike Washington Friday/Saturday.  What will the cloud cover be like? 

Right now, forecast soundings in the area have a nice dry zone around summit level with maybe some lower based Cu Friday. The moisture increases Saturday to the point that I wouldn't be surprised if the summit capped.