Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

43 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

while I understand your point, I don’t think anyone reads those things, aside from us weenies, and perhaps a government official here or there

It's still going out to the public and I think more people read them than you would think, particularly if there is a storm coming.  Just because it's a small subset of people that are reading it doesn't mean that it shouldn't be proofread.  It's just sloppy and makes you wonder if there are other aspects of the forecast that have been done sloppy.

8 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

It's still going out to the public and I think more people read them than you would think, particularly if there is a storm coming.  Just because it's a small subset of people that are reading it doesn't mean that it shouldn't be proofread.  It's just sloppy and makes you wonder if there are other aspects of the forecast that have been done sloppy.

Just moved up to New Hampshire this weekend.  Found a house a few houses down that is reporting to Weather Underground.  Don't know how good his rain gauge is, but currently reporting 3.2" so far.  Again, I have no idea what his equipment is, just reporting what it says at the moment.

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I better come visit before you go!  Did you yard sale yet? 

Flash-flood warning just came over my phone.

We have not yet yard-saled.  We've put a number of things on Craig's List and a number of things on the road as 'free'.  We're still taking stock of what stays and goes.  Are you in the market for anything specific?  I know the John Deere 140 will be going once we get past mowing season (it currently has 200 hours on it).

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Did they ever guesstimate on a cause for the gas leaks?   Poor people in Lawrence.  When my street had a minor leak last Xmas eve-National Grid was put in full force till morning fixing something that could have probably waited.  

So where do things stand now?  Many thousands of  people will not have hot water, heat or cooking gas for months?  Those people lost food and can't buy fresh food if they can't cook.  Is that where things stand?