Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

52 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Little brother goes to Merrimack. Can’t get ahold of him. 

If it makes ya feel better I didn’t see anything in the immediate vicinity of Merrimack. I drove right by most of what I saw was closer to Mass ave heading towards Lawrence. It was really bad. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It is weird though. How does that happen?

Everything is computerized.  When I worked at Pfizer computer error led to overpressurization of 12 Hydrogen tanks, when the relief valves let go in to the dry air there was 12 huge explosions.  You would think their would be alarms though. I highly doubt terrorists 

Unfortunately I'm hearing reports of 3 fatalities in Lawrence through a second hand source. I'm always skeptical of second hand sources but they were spot on with the fatality just reported from the chimney on the car and the girl getting pulled out of the house with severe leg injuries before it was reported. Here's a screen grab from a video I took off mass ave but then I had to put the phone away. Way to hectic with first res-ponders flying by me to not be concentrating on the situation at hand.  IMG_2888.PNG.9774173a00272082046e1a5ed572c5de.PNG

I'm not sure if there is any connection or not, but in Lawrence on RTE 114 there is a major construction project that has been ongoing for several months at the site of the former Showcase Cinema. The site is right in the area.

I live in Methuen and at this time(1:20 AM) it is the 1st time in several hours that I cannot hear siren noise coming from Lawrence, North Andover and Andover. Several friends of mine who live in Lawrence had a difficult time evacuating the city  last evening due to all the road closures in Lawrence. Also the Mthuen olice Dept made a reverse 911 call to inform the residents of Methuen that their wasn't any risk in Methuen.

19 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Terrorists. No doubt about it. They’ve found another weakness 

Doubt it. My guess is on failed equipment and stop measures. The greater Boston area has some of the oldest, if not the oldest gas infastructure in the country.

Total crap show though. We should be able to prevent this stuff from happening 

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

Hiking around Devil's Hole, Jersey. This place is awesome. San Diego like weather, ocean temp 70f.

If you run into a Legro (more likely Le Gros) around St. Lawrence, we're probably distant cousins.

I lose the thread a little in Reading, Mass in 1700, but it would appear my family migrated from Jersey long ago, settled in Newfoundland, then moved through Maine into Mass. 

20 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

If you run into a Legro (more likely Le Gros) around St. Lawrence, we're probably distant cousins.

I lose the thread a little in Reading, Mass in 1700, but it would appear my family migrated from Jersey long ago, settled in Newfoundland, then moved through Maine into Mass. 

Glad they lived here ?:)

Cool. Lots of history here. Here's an old Castle in Gorey and a lighthouse on other side of island. That's someone's private home in foreground of lighthouse. Old German WWII bunkers around too.

IMG_20180915_155642.jpegIMG_20180915_131443.jpegIMG_20180915_132751.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Is there any word on the causal spectrum of that ?

I figure it to be like plain crash phenomenon:  there is rarely one singular event that brought the air bus to the earth at 9.8 m/s squared, but is usually a string of seemingly unrelated events that culminated in destiny repurposing 100 people's life energy ... despite all attempts to fight gravity while it is happening. 

In this case, I wonder if the home-fuel aspect of infrastructure might have succumb to the same sort of series of events leading inexorably to that fateful afternoon. 

Firstly, there is a 'what' happened. I/we get it... gas + heat ... most importantly, unintended too much gas + heat = boom.   But, I wonder 'how'?

Gas igniting is a black box.  I'm interested in why these houses blew up more specifically, after we figure out the gas delivery culpability.  Like, I imagine (with no facts upon which to formulate that imagination :) ) that somehow the pressure in the line got too great and ultimately exceeded the end point's ability to hold it back. It then flooded homes that probably had ongoing electrical componentry and or you name it, and then detonated was inevitable.  Last words, "Honey - 'you smell that?" But who knows...

About that delivery culpability thing.  I live in Ayer Mass, which as the crow flies is just a couple town away from that area of Massachusetts.  Word travels fast... My neighbors have relatives and friend-spheres that rise and set over that region of the state, and they were telling me yesterday to expect an tort tsunamis out of all this.  Why? Because apparently residence had been complaining and posting signs even, to try and raise attention to the fact that at times ...the stench of gas permeating back yards and thoroughfares was alarming - nothing was ever being done about it.  Hm... interesting.