Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

16 hours ago, wxmanmitch said:

I came across this casualty from yesterday's windstorm. It was an old balsam fir(one of many on the property) that had been dead awhile, so good riddance since it's one less tree I have to fell. Over 2.25" total for the event and everything is soggy and wet again. 

As usual the warm front failed to make it through here today. It tried for about 5 minutes around 330 PM when the sun peaked through and then we were fogged back in again. Glad we live here. 

IMG_0829.JPG

Depressing.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Depressing.

Then maybe you should stay away from the woods north of Greenville and MLT, because that's the fate of many fir, even without help from budworm.  Short lived, shallow rooted, but they make a decent 2-by-4.  (Sap drained from fir bark "blisters" used to be collected as the best cover-slip fixer for microscope slides.  Probably use some petrochemical for that today.)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Then maybe you should stay away from the woods north of Greenville and MLT, because that's the fate of many fir, even without help from budworm.  Short lived, shallow rooted, but they make a decent 2-by-4.  (Sap drained from fir bark "blisters" used to be collected as the best cover-slip fixer for microscope slides.  Probably use some petrochemical for that today.)

I mean someone who likes clouds and fog. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

It was sunny and tropical while you guys were picking mushrooms out of your crotch this summer.

lol dude we had so many mushrooms popping up everywhere in August it was crazy, they all seemed poisonous though. No tasty Hen of the Woods or Sulfur Shelf. Tripping the whole time. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Clouds and fog makes me want to swallow and uzi when you have kids.

Yup i could see that.  But people in live in the Maritimes and pacific NW and they have kids...?

1 minute ago, PowderBeard said:

Let them stick to Tree House so the rotating Brewmaster Jack DIPA is easy to find. They have been killing it lately.

Tyler (BMJ) is a friend of mine, he also makes some pretty good stouts and porters.   When he first started out he thought it was a good idea to make t-shirts that said "ask your bartender for a BJ".  Lol. 

16 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Haven't see any Brewmaster Jack around here lately.  That looks mighty tasty,

That Private Idaho is from Orange Cat in Idaho, killer IPA's but scarce and way too expensive.    Also grabbed some one offs from Decadent and Single Cut today. 

After years in the micro-craft business I get the first line on a lot of hard to find and new stuff but that doesn't make it any cheaper so I have to be discerning and keep a budget.  I'm not at all being a snob when I don't get excited over Tree House or Trillium, they both make some great beers, I've just tried a lot of stuff that is equal or better but is just not widely available or as hyped so it's not worth encouraging people to look for it.