• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

0.45" thru 7 AM, and I doubt we got another tenth.  Forecast discussion pointed toward mts/foothills getting the most, but as seems usual in broad-scale RA events, S. Maine and midcoast get the dousing - lots of 1.5-2.5" totals.  (And one weird 5.25" at Rockport; I wonder if a neighbor poured some into the gauge as a prank.)

We're on a bus tour and was prepaid. Pretty much walked most of it. Stayed dry most of the time. Back to Dublin for some dinner.

Nice!  I was there in April.  Did you go all the way to the visitors center to do the Cliffs?  We got a local tip to stop at a little turnoff at the bottom of them and walk up.  Free of charge.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I wasn't sure how warm it was supposed to get but I'm impressed with the 20F dew point climb in 24 hours.

Low 40s dews yesterday at midday to low-60s today.  Temps are in the 60s with low clouds and drizzle but it feels humid again.

Higher humidity definately noticable in my building.   Gross, even though dew is only 66F...73F at KFIT an hour ago

I came across this casualty from yesterday's windstorm. It was an old balsam fir(one of many on the property) that had been dead awhile, so good riddance since it's one less tree I have to fell. Over 2.25" total for the event and everything is soggy and wet again. 

As usual the warm front failed to make it through here today. It tried for about 5 minutes around 330 PM when the sun peaked through and then we were fogged back in again. Glad we live here. 

IMG_0829.JPG

11 hours ago, wxmanmitch said:

I came across this casualty from yesterday's windstorm. It was an old balsam fir(one of many on the property) that had been dead awhile, so good riddance since it's one less tree I have to fell. Over 2.25" total for the event and everything is soggy and wet again. 

As usual the warm front failed to make it through here today. It tried for about 5 minutes around 330 PM when the sun peaked through and then we were fogged back in again. Glad we live here. 

IMG_0829.JPG

Rotten fir.  Saw millions of them (and climbed over thousands) back in the early 1980s when spruce budworm was "managing" the Maine woods.