Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

20 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, it's weird how little info there is.  Apparently there is some sort of ticketing system from what I could gather.  

A coworker of mine posted info about them on a FB beer page we are on (Hoppily Ever After).  Ticket releases that people hear about on Instagram and you pick it up at their house.  Siberian Kiss Imperial Stoutw maple and espresso  11.5% ABV.    Nice!

Actually, they use Eventbrite.    Their next release is sold out

1 hour ago, radarman said:

Hiked up Ascutney on the Weathersfield trail today.  53 with thin OVC at the trailhead and cooler at the top for sure, though no real breeze.  About a 6 mi loop and fairly strenuous with a 2100' rise and some notable terrain.  

Ascutney has some solid vertical prominence and I always thought driving by it on 91 that it was one of the more impressive SVT mountains.  Anything with 2000 or more vertical feet of prominence is pretty solid.

54 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ascutney has some solid vertical prominence and I always thought driving by it on 91 that it was one of the more impressive SVT mountains.  Anything with 2000 or more vertical feet of prominence is pretty solid.

Agree.  Seeing white up top from 91 is an annual way I mark the seasons and it never fails to put a big dumb grin on my face.

I am fairly sure that if you squint at this image you'll see Camels Hump and Mansfield on the horizon here.  On a clearer day you can definitely see them well.  There's also a decent view of some of the Whites from the observation tower at the top.  

20180909_122912_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

First high temp in the 50’s today. High of 57.6. We fall 

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

BDL 62F today

The transitioning is starting.  Can't resist the urge of cooler weather as daylight hours wane. 

Reporting the home high temp up there on the Tolland massif, instead of the BDL temperature... there's the switch.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

The transitioning is starting.  Can't resist the urge of cooler weather as daylight hours wane. 

Reporting the home high temp up there on the Tolland massif, instead of the BDL temperature... there's the switch.

DIT went briefly negative. Possibly the earliest since 2008. It should be strongly positive this week, but I feel like the ORH bookmark has been bumped up to the favorites. I wasn’t even sure there was a such thing as “deep fall”...just deep summer to deep winter, rinse, and repeat.

33 minutes ago, dendrite said:

DIT went briefly negative. Possibly the earliest since 2008. It should be strongly positive this week, but I feel like the ORH bookmark has been bumped up to the favorites. I wasn’t even sure there was a such thing as “deep fall”...just deep summer to deep winter, rinse, and repeat.

He’ll be dewing the dew in 24 hrs.