Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

38 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Incoming!  And BOS hits 97 on 9/6.

Doing it with high dews is remarkable so late in the season.  Getting just the heat is slightly more common - highest I've recorded at my trasnspirationally modulated location is a mere 93, reached twice in 2002.  1st was July 3 (yawn), 2nd was Sept. 9.  It had been 87 on 9/8 and dropped to 61 on the 9th, so without having precise recall, I'd guess TDs were mid 50s.  The 10th temps were 92/53, with zero precip on each of those 3 scorchers.

1 hour ago, Whineminster said:

BOS has been consistently hotter than FIT this year....we've had hot days out here but it seems to have been generally hotter there on the reg during these heat waves

I also wonder if their ASOS is running 2-3 degrees cool lately.   My car thermo on Rte 2 used to match readings at the station pretty closely.  Now it is a bit higher.  For example, I saw 95F on the hill.  

Just now, rimetree said:

Front didn't do much to scour out the dews very effectively. Still feels pretty crappy. Looking forward to a break.

It was the same up here.  We had thunderstorms move through just prior to 8am, an odd time for convection.  I expected it to dry out a bit faster with the early FROPA, but I guess drying out meant going from a dew of 72F to 65F this afternoon.  Recently it has dropped sharply in both temps and dews.  Clear and calm obs at 57/57.  It's crazy how dews in the upper 50s feel like desert air.  It has been an incredible summer in terms of high dew points at the New England ASOS sites.