• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

Is this it for summer up here?  82/73F.  Showers/storms will be approaching in next couple of hours.  Then finally cool.  Took the AC just now.  Sick of that thing.  Still very warm days ahead but perhaps we are done with 80's and dews above 70F.   What a summer it was for heat and humidity.

6 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Is this it for summer up here?  82/73F.  Showers/storms will be approaching in next couple of hours.  Then finally cool.  Took the AC just now.  Sick of that thing.  Still very warm days ahead but perhaps we are done with 80's and dews above 70F.   What a summer it was for heat and humidity.

Uninstalling 9/6 is a problem.  I end up covering the compressor in October and sometimes deep into the month.  A tropical system yielding 77/70 will require it.

7 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Uninstalling 9/6 is a problem.  I end up covering the compressor in October and sometimes deep into the month.  A tropical system yielding 77/70 will require it.

Jerry,  remember.  Im 120 miles north and 1000 feet higher.  Climatologically I'm probably 2 weeks ahead of you into the season?  I can take a day of tropical downpours in the 70's with high humidity.  Just not these endless 80's and low 70's dews.  My AC is a portable noisy unit.  Time to go back into the barn closet!  I'll man up for the few more brief heat spells.  ....and yes you can say,  " I told you so"  when we get the next one.

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

I'll pull mine tomorrow.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

AC into October at times. Given the dew potential this month, would rather be comfortable.

Even last night we were 69F for a min...with a window fan it's tolerable. I'd keep it in if I lived down there. That's our best latitudinal COC push south in months though. It hasn't taken much of a return flow to get the 4ply back in here.

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Take em down! 

Those in the hills of NE CT should just leave them in. You know those warm sectors with 60/60 are coming at least once per month. May as well feel comfortable on those Dec/Jan days and save yourself the pain and agony of having to reinstall in April anyway.

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Even last night we were 69F for a min...with a window fan it's tolerable. I'd keep it in if I lived down there. That's our best latitudinal COC push south in months though. It hasn't taken much of a return flow to get the 4ply back in here.

It’s the dews that kill me though.  The temp itself isn’t bad. 

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Those in the hills of NE CT should just leave them in. You know those warm sectors with 60/60 are coming at least once per month. May as well feel comfortable on those Dec/Jan days and save yourself the pain and agony of having to reinstall in April anyway.

lol...if you listen to some it's supposed to 80/70 from now on.

Seriously though, warm sectoring is the only aspect I don't like about living here.  There's good elevation and valley's here but while the longitude certainly helps in some cases, it hurts in others.