Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Had a day off with my son, so we hit the beach. Water is amazing. Warmest I’ve ever felt it at this beach. 

It was fukkin' hot and humid today.  MVL hit 89F and MPV maxed out at 87F.  For nearly 3 hours it was 89/70 at the local ASOS.  89/70 for the afternoon under bluebird skies even over the Spine!  That is nuts for here even in mid-summer, high-end dews and temps up north.  Swam with the dog in the river out back, but wish it was the ocean.  Love the cold salt water on a high-heat day.

These damn suicidal squirrels are ticking me off!  WTF!  Bad enough dodging them on the drive home but this morning the coffee was flying around the car everytime I slammed on the brakes to spare one of these indecisive self loathing critters.  I have no idea what is up with them this year.  It hasn't been so dry up here that they would not be able to find food in a different pattern this year.  The crows are having a feast however.

19 minutes ago, klw said:

These damn suicidal squirrels are ticking me off!  WTF!  Bad enough dodging them on the drive home but this morning the coffee was flying around the car everytime I slammed on the brakes to spare one of these indecisive self loathing critters.  I have no idea what is up with them this year.  It hasn't been so dry up here that they would not be able to find food in a different pattern this year.  The crows are having a feast however.

I don't even bother hitting the brakes or try to dodge them any longer.  Straight line and constant speed ... let their maker sort them out.

6 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

I've hit two this summer. I feel bad, but I'm not bobbing and weaving to avoid those rats.

I can only imagine how overrun the Boston Common is.  The hawks will be well-fed.

On the plus side, the dead gypsy-infested oaks in Kevin's hood won't be dropping any acorns this year.  Food might be scarce for the coming year.

22 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

ha. I find that shaving all hair from the body and wearing dri-fit gear reduces body temp, makes the workouts more doable. 

Yeah, I used to shave down occasionally when I was a swimmer, but it's too much of a pain to do regularly. Prickles and ingrown chest hair itch like crazy too.