Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Record is 38. This will be top 3-5 hottest ever . It’s one for the YORE and one for the ages at every single location in SNE. Couple it with the 2 straight months of 70+ dews. Epic ness 

How can something be of yore if it's record breaking?  Doesn't that fact mean that it's exceptional rather than was normal?  It can't be both - LOL

24 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Looks like 95 was high here.

Jeez.  But today was high-end.

Even up here... MVL had a high of 89F and MPV was 88F. 

Those are hot temperatures for up here, but the dew points.  The humidity was once again on the end of the spectrum for up here. 

It was 88/71 this afternoon and then we had the classic late afternoon bump thanks to some grazing storms.  The maximum dew point locally at MVL was 76F at 5pm this afternoon.  81/76 after -TSRA?  Are you kidding me, that's Caribbean type stuff in the NNE mountain valleys with 70F or higher dews at all of the NNE ASOS.

Wife was flying out of Montreal this evening because it's a lot cheaper than flying out of BTV, enough so that the 2 hour drive to Montreal is worth it over the 45-min drive to BTV. 

We got a nice view of some developing mammatus.  Its always amazing how flat southern Quebec is between the Champlain Valley and St Lawrence River Valley.  Wide open farming country like a mini-Kansas landscape.

RB4Rf7B.jpg

• Like 2

I've had several conversations this summer/recently (as well as this past winter) about how the warmer-than-normal weather makes everyone feel on-edge. Usually the conversation of climate change is brought up, because everyone feels that this may be the "new normal". The fact that the LR looks AAN is definitely disturbing. Does anyone else get this feeling, or is it skewed because my friends and I are all 22-26 years old?

8 minutes ago, LurkerBoy said:

I've had several conversations this summer/recently (as well as this past winter) about how the warmer-than-normal weather makes everyone feel on-edge. Usually the conversation of climate change is brought up, because everyone feels that this may be the "new normal". The fact that the LR looks AAN is definitely disturbing. Does anyone else get this feeling, or is it skewed because my friends and I are all 22-26 years old?

No way. You’re between 22-26 y/o?

2 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Worcester meanwhile only 3 AoA 90 days since May    They only hit 88 yesterday 

1000 feet makes a difference

Their average for the summer is 3 too. Kind of funny how hey aren't going to be all that off their average...might be right on it. The soupy air masses with the high mins have been the defining feature though. 

22 minutes ago, LurkerBoy said:

That feeling of edginess is a normal part of growing up. It can usually be ameliorated by finding a nice young lady and asking her to dinner. Lo and behold, LurkerBoy becomes LurkerMan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

39 minutes ago, Hoth said:

That feeling of edginess is a normal part of growing up. It can usually be ameliorated by finding a nice young lady and asking her to dinner. Lo and behold, LurkerBoy becomes LurkerMan.

When that nice young lady realizes half way through dinner the guy sitting across from her seems off...she picks up an ‘important’ phone call and says it’s an emergency, and has to go. A week later this nice young lady sees the bushes in front of her apartment moving, lurkeyboy pops out........the story can go in many directions now, maybe James can finish this into a crime drama. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

When that nice young lady realizes half way through dinner the guy sitting across from her seems off...she picks up an ‘important’ phone call and says it’s an emergency, and has to go. A week later this nice young lady sees the bushes in front of her apartment moving, lurkeyboy pops out........the story can go in many directions now, maybe James can finish this into a crime drama. 

The Lurker Boy Awakening series? ……...