Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2018 OBS Thread

Rtd208

3 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Ended up with a high of 91 and low of 74 yesterday and currently 75.  I saw that KDOX got walloped with a lightning strike last Friday and will be down for some time.  I know I often use KDOX for radar to get a slightly different view and more notably when KDIX is out.

Kdox has had a rough summer...2nd time being damaged significantly this summer I believe. I don't know if the first time was related to lightning or not. I do the same thing though as it tends to do better with low topped convection.

Yesterday's highs in Chester County yesterday KMQS - 89 and East Nantmeal 86.3 - still no 90+ days since July 3rd at both locations....while down in PHL now up to 28 such days and 29 on the way today

Elevation plays a huge role. I’m assuming your around 800 feet. Even the hills of Lancaster County were only reading 87. Soon as I dropped 500 feet it was 5F higher.

2 hours ago, Superstorm said:

Yep...big difference just driving up the hill to my Township - 685 ft at my location and 660ft asl at KMQS
Elevation plays a huge role. I’m assuming your around 800 feet. Even the hills of Lancaster County were only reading 87. Soon as I dropped 500 feet it was 5F higher.

9 hours ago, JTA66 said:

78F when I left the house this morning. Maybe it will tick down another degree or two, but this is insane for 9/6! Hope the Eagles have plenty of pickle juice on the sideline tonight.

It did get down to 76F before temps began their rebound. High so far is 92F.

Can we please put an end to this?

5 minutes ago, RedSky said:

97F high just ludicrous again

in other news radar for the likely showers 8-11pm looks like crap

To address both of these:

My temp has dropped to 82F and DP 68F w/a nice breeze in the past two hours and it feels good outside. 

As far as showers/T-storms, the radar does look like shiet but I don't care. I want nothing but to watch the Birds play. Lightning would have sucked because they'll have to stop the game.  

temp.jpg