Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2018 OBS Thread

Rtd208

14 hours ago, JTA66 said:

Wow! Wee Willie Webber and Flexible Flyers -- you guys are really stirring up some old memories. I still have my Flexible Flyer. I've often considered putting out as a Christmas decoration but I'm afraid someone might walk off with it. Still, it's a shame it's done nothing more than sit in the garage all these years. (Great, now I feel compelled to go looking for it.) 

Somebody would probably steal that so I wouldn't put that out (unless you maybe "hid it" under an inflatable snowman or something...lol)!

7 hours ago, RedSky said:

33F and frosted pumpkins, destroyed the forecast low 

Low here was 39 this morning but the past couple nights have definitely been good for radiational cooling, with no wind and few if any clouds.  Currently 54 & partly cloudy.

2 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

I had a pair of those skis, maybe a slightly later version, the poles were aluminum. Got pretty good at walking with skis on thanks to those. The first time I went to an actual ski place I took those, some friends took me to Elk Mountain. When you can first see how high the mountain is, I was like are you serious? Lol....I'm pretty sure I wound up renting skis and boots that day.

I think my first time was at Big Boulder.  Definitely rented skis and boots and stuck to the "bunny trail"... which unfortunately had big tractor ruts along the edge. Ack!

Am wondering how warm this upcoming warm-up gets. Still have some more fall stuff to do before the rains reappear.  At least the kids will not have rain when they are out for Halloween tonight.

Had highs of 71 both today and yesterday, with lows of 50 yesterday and 66 this morning.  Had expected rain overnight and only got trace early this morning - just enough to wet the walk but not enough to tip the bucket.  Also expected rain all day today and nothing yet, so definitely a slow slow moving front.  Currently 70 and overcast, and a bit humid with dews in the 60s.

Heavy Rain here in NW Chesco with 0.73" so far today - look like heaviest line still to come through over the next hour or so with the FROPA looks like the cold front is only about 14 miles to my NW so expect temps to drop pretty quickly from the current 65.1 to an almost 10 degree drop over the next 2 hours to the mid to upper 50's Today's high was 68.9 - well above our normal high of 59.7 but well below our all-time high here in Chester County of 82 degrees back in 1982. 

9 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

As of 10:10 pm, Reading has picked up 1.49" rain. That brings 2018's total precipitation to 56.91". As a result, 2018 surpasses 1972, when 56.85" precipitation, fell to become Reading's 2nd wettest year on record.

Don with our 0.73" so far today in the NW Philly burbs of Chester County Pa we have now recorded 0.73" today which puts our YTD rain/melted snow total at  65.69" with more incoming with the frontal passage over the next hour or so. This places this year at number 3 all-time since our local records began back in 1894. We are now only behind 1996 with 75.12" and 1979 with 66.88" of rain

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChescoPaWxman said:

Don with our 0.73" so far today in the NW Philly burbs of Chester County Pa we have now recorded 0.73" today which puts our YTD rain/melted snow total at  65.69" with more incoming with the frontal passage over the next hour or so. This places this year at number 3 all-time since our local records began back in 1894. We are now only behind 1996 with 75.12" and 1979 with 66.88" of rain

That's extremely impressive.