Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2018 OBS Thread

Rtd208

35 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

What a beautiful day - been waiting for this for a while. Nice to see the board back up and running too. Anyone know what the issue was? Didn't get the memo.

I'm not on the memo distribution list either.

But yes, what a wonderful day out there, been sitting at 73F. It finally feels like September! I rolled the dice and covered up the AC today. I'm sure we're not done with above average temps and humidity. But with the sun setting before 7pm now, the nights should cool off.

2 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

What a beautiful day - been waiting for this for a while. Nice to see the board back up and running too. Anyone know what the issue was? Didn't get the memo.

Faulty flux capacitor must likely...

But yeah, nice fallish day out there. Mainly cloudy w/temps staying in the upper 60's.

7 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Received 0.40" of rain today, definitely a rainout theater kind of day. Currently 60F. Still hoping for a couple strings of 70's and sunny somewhere over the next 2 or 3 weeks!

Worst September weather in memory for me, our usually most benign dry month of the year behaving like May 2003. Three more days of showers pending they added Wednesday oh joy. Thinking I need that Elon Musk flame thrower to tackle the mosquitoes.

With the 0.40" of rain in Chester County as of 8am today we have now recorded rain on 17 of the 24 days this month.  MTD rain stands at 6.32" and still raining steadily. This is the 5th straight month (since May) with over 6" of rain in the month. YTD rain now stands at 59.49" this is already good for 5th wettest year all-time with local records back to 1894!

Received 0.15" of rain so far this morning and got side-swiped by a strong cell ~ 11am that deposited 0.01" of some huge rain drops (was just a tick to the east of it though, so missed the heavier stuff).  It got pretty dark out as it approached.  Currently 73 and overcast with some lines of dark clouds to my NE.

9 hours ago, ChescoPaWxman said:

With the 0.40" of rain in Chester County as of 8am today we have now recorded rain on 17 of the 24 days this month.  MTD rain stands at 6.32" and still raining steadily. This is the 5th straight month (since May) with over 6" of rain in the month. YTD rain now stands at 59.49" this is already good for 5th wettest year all-time with local records back to 1894!

Yeah crazy kinda wet September. 

Softball size mushrooms appearing too under a canopy of mosquitoes 

Fire hose inbound jeebus crackers