• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2018 OBS Thread

Rtd208

Yes, initially it looked like this was going to be a warm week, peaking today -- over the weekend I think they were forecasting mid 80's for today. Didn't get out of the 60's yesterday, topping out at 69F. And it's been lingering in the low 70's today, currently 73F. But those high DPs are back, and with Flo hanging around in the SE into next week, I imagine these high DP's aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Not much rain here with only .03" of rain so far today more possible tonight - our 7th straight day with measurable rain with 3.60" during that stretch. We are now up to 56.82" of rain for the year (+21.11" above normal) - this is already the 9th wettest year (125 years of local Chester County records) - wettest year was 1996 when 75.12" fell

14 hours ago, ChescoPaWxman said:

Not much rain here with only .03" of rain so far today more possible tonight - our 7th straight day with measurable rain with 3.60" during that stretch. We are now up to 56.82" of rain for the year (+21.11" above normal) - this is already the 9th wettest year (125 years of local Chester County records) - wettest year was 1996 when 75.12" fell

I remember a lot of that fell over the Winter with the blizzard then I believe 2 heavy rain storms right afterward.

On 9/13/2018 at 8:44 AM, Mikeymac5306 said:

East Nantmeal Township - Chester County PA - Storm total since yesterday 1.83" including 1.46" since midnight. MTD rain now stands at 5.62" which is 2.82" above normal through today. YTD we are now at 58.79" which is 21.87" above normal rainfall. 

Got 0.09" of heavy rain overnight after 9:30 pm and so far have 0.05" this morning with some scattered showers coming up from the south (total 0.14" over 2-days so far).  A band is incoming from the NW however, so will see what comes out of that.  Current temp is 77 and steamy as heck out there!  Dews were in the upper 70s earlier this morning and are still in the low 70s now.