• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2018 OBS Thread

Rtd208

Ended up at 93 for a high yesterday, which was a couple degrees higher than the previous 2 days. Low this morning was 73.  The front seemed to have come through after 6:30 last evening dropping the dews a bit, but the temps were slow coming down the rest of the night.  Heard a huge rumbling clap of thunder last night but didn't get any rain.

So far am at 26 days @ 90 or above from May through yesterday (21 days during meteorological Summer June - Aug).

Current temp is 75 and mostly cloudy.

So is it too early to start a Florence watch? 06z GFS shows the worst case scenario for the area, NE quad rides up the delaware bay,would be catastrophic flooding in the delaware river basin. obviously will change but with how strong the WAR has been, this definitely warrants some concern for flooding at least. this would certainly break the dull weather streak around here that's been in place since April...

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_31.png

9 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

So is it too early to start a Florence watch? 06z GFS shows the worst case scenario for the area, NE quad rides up the delaware bay,would be catastrophic flooding in the delaware river basin. obviously will change but with how strong the WAR has been, this definitely warrants some concern for flooding at least. this would certainly break the dull weather streak around here that's been in place since April...

LOL I was thinking about it yesterday but then it all hinges on what the Bermuda High does.  A future Helene might also be a concern given that it looks to form and track further south than Florence's position and track.... And then there is a possible Isaac on the table too (both disturbances are currently at a 90% chance of cyclone formation).  You could maybe start a "Tropical threats" thread...

59 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

This.

I'm not going to pretend to know what Flo's final end game is. I've read a lot (by a lot of ppl much smarter than me) how no storm forming where Flo did has made it all the way back to the east coast. And maybe history will prove right again. But the WAR and been under forecasted all summer it seems. And if I learned anything from Sandy, it's that nothing is ever off the table. 

17 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Ocean temperatures are baking hot so plenty of fuel for development. Pretty sure I heard Glenn (or channel 6?) say ocean temps off the jersey shore are 81F. (not sure what exact area) Atlantic City sea temp is 78F as of today. https://www.seatemperature.org/north-america/united-states/atlantic-city.htm

I think Glen was citing a buoy report near the mouth of the Delaware Bay.

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

Ocean temperatures are baking hot so plenty of fuel for development. Pretty sure I heard Glenn (or channel 6?) say ocean temps off the jersey shore are 81F. (not sure what exact area) Atlantic City sea temp is 78F as of today. https://www.seatemperature.org/north-america/united-states/atlantic-city.htm

Yeah, it's pretty toasty along the path (from earlier today but had more data) -

ssts-180907.250.0009.n18-09072018.jpg

Wowser!  Currently 55 this morning with 0.37" since midnight.  That is going to trigger some plant reactions (to go with the shorter days).  Ended up with a high of 69 just after midnight yesterday and a low of 60 yesterday just before midnight, with 1.75" of rain.

Total precip here for the 3-day event is 3.23".

6 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Wowser!  Currently 55 this morning with 0.37" since midnight.  That is going to trigger some plant reactions (to go with the shorter days).  Ended up with a high of 69 just after midnight yesterday and a low of 60 yesterday just before midnight, with 1.75" of rain.

Total precip here for the 3-day event is 3.23".

Total precip for me is 0.36" and a rather chilly 54 degrees up here. Gonna get shafted some with Gordon's rain, and then, as it looks right now, Florence doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of impacting PA at all with that crazy stall. The Euro track would be perfect if she'd just keep moving...