Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
September Models and Pattern: The March to Fall

moneypitmike

21 minutes ago, cny rider said:

My Brahmas are taking serious offense to this comment......

heh...I had an olive egger and a black copper marans that had feathered legs. Unfortunately they were always sickly and died under 1 y/o. They both had frequent bouts of coccidiosis even with frequent Corid treatments. I got those 2 from a breeder at 7 weeks old so maybe they couldn't develop an immunity to the strains in my yard.

2 hours ago, LurkerBoy said:

Eric Fisher says there may be a BD next week making the forecast tricky?

The same Eric Fisher that said just yesterday, that “October looking milder and milder as we get closer, and the southeast ridge won’t be denied”....that Eric Fisher???

Hmmmm, I guess he didn’t anticipate there could be a BD or two in the mix when he said that yesterday?? 

Interesting. 

4 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

The same Eric Fisher that said just yesterday, that “October looking milder and milder as we get closer, and the southeast ridge won’t be denied”....that Eric Fisher???

Sounds like that EF was right? Oct at least for the 1st half IS looking milder.

15 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It’s kind of a gradient pattern but due to seasonal considerations the gradient is in Canada.   I have a hard time believing the SE ridge has any winter staying power with looming modoki.

I wouldnt mind a tame SE ridge though especially in a miller B type flow. Last thing anyone needs around here is another SEMA centrique winter. 

41 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

When should the weenies look out for the AK pig, late Oct/Early Nov?

Well December features a Gulf Of Alaska trough usually which can be milder, but also stormy. So that won’t tell you much if it happens since it can be climo. I think if we have the black hole from either the Bering Sea or AK extending into the PAC NW on guidance heading into December, then we may get concerned at least December is toast. Tough to worry about the whole season since things can flip.

• 3 months later...