Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
September 2018 General Discussion

snowlover2

2 hours ago, hawkeye_wx said:

I hope the Saturday morning low doesn't gradually fall over the next few days like it often seems to.  Upper 30s would be great, because I wouldn't have to worry about my garden.  Mid 30s I have to start covering stuff.

And here I am rooting for a freeze so we can start killing these damn mosquitoes lol.

I was not home during it, but when the 3 tornadoes hit SE MI between 830-930pm last night, we had a TORRENTIAL rainfall. In less than an hour we received 2.48" of rain. My 36-hour total was 3.48", bringing my 7-day total to 4.69". This is a sharp turnaround from the dry spell that encompassed much of summer. Sept rainfall imby is 5.70" but at DTW, the 6.41" already ranks as 4th wettest Sept (DTW had a 36-hour rainfall of 2.92", with "only" 1.12" coming in the torrent that dropped 2.48" here).

Lots of flash flooding in streets last night.

42506525_10110625391437203_3257632655637

• Like 1

Just a rainy and raw morning, 42 degrees. AFD mentions possibility of first flakes/grauple tomorrow night. I’m sure I’ll stay up late looking! :D

CAA drops 850mb temps down to -6C or colder by late Fri night/Sat
morning, improving lake effect processes. Wet bulb zero heights fall
below 500ft over higher terrain of west and north central, so if
there is in fact pcpn occurring, could see some snow flakes or
graupel at times with the rain showers
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, weatherbo said:

Just a rainy and raw morning, 42 degrees. AFD mentions possibility of first flakes/grauple tomorrow night. I’m sure I’ll stay up late looking! :D

CAA drops 850mb temps down to -6C or colder by late Fri night/Sat
morning, improving lake effect processes. Wet bulb zero heights fall
below 500ft over higher terrain of west and north central, so if
there is in fact pcpn occurring, could see some snow flakes or
graupel at times with the rain showers

Isn't it something how the 1st flakes are special? Even here, snowflakes fall on probably 60-70 days per year and yet those 1st meaningless, non-accumulating flakes are so special to see. It's good to know the same holds true even up there were you average several hundred inches per year!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Hoosier said:

That thicker cloud area has pretty much stayed just north of here today.  As a result, mid 70s here and low 60s just to my north.

Wow, it's like a different world over on this side of the state.  Most of the day we held below 60.  Did manage to sneak up to 62 though.  The heavy overcast and passing sprinkles made it an excellent day to stay in and watch football.  

2 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Wow, it's like a different world over on this side of the state.  Most of the day we held below 60.  Did manage to sneak up to 62 though.  The heavy overcast and passing sprinkles made it an excellent day to stay in and watch football.  

Yeah, just barely on the good side here.  Actually felt warmer than it was which makes me wonder how Wednesday will feel, but at least there will be a good breeze then.

chi_sfc.gif.4ac4c09255c1c4e2e5e380d8f960ae34.gif