Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2018 General Discussion

snowlover2

10 hours ago, hlcater said:

I hate September. If the tropics aren’t super active, it’s 30 days of zzzzzzzzzzzz. Least favorite month easily. 

April is by far the worst month of the year. Cool and damp all day everyday. September often features mid summer warmth, football and hockey season start, and the trees starting to turn. It's also peak tropic season. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

April is by far the worst month of the year. Cool and damp all day everyday. September often features mid summer warmth, football and hockey season start, and the trees starting to turn. It's also peak tropic season. 

April always seems like it should produce more high-end severe weather (think Palm Sunday '65, 1991 or 2011 but further north/west, Rochelle-Fairdale '15) but more often turns out like this year (more snow than January lol).

Seems like September used to be a definite fall month when I was growing up (I remember many a day in the early part of the school year waiting for the bus in cold rain) but lately has behaved more like just an extension of summer.

• Like 1

April more snow than January lol).

Seems like September lately has behaved more like just an extension of summer.

Definitely seems like summer pushes further into fall and winter pushes further into spring since about 2005. I’ve really wanted to sit down and do the math and see if there’s more than perception to the prolonged season shift, just haven’t had the time yet.
  • Like 1

Glad this is the last day of this stuff for awhile...............

You’re telling me, nonstop heat and humidity out by me. Not much in the way of rain either, though it looks like I’m in the bullseye the next few days for a soaking. Might even put something in the crockpot and rent a movie.

13 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Another 90 at ORD.  You can put it on the board..... yes.

Wonder how many more there will be. No more in sight in the immediate future and you really start fighting climo in the back half of September and beyond. From a probabilistic standpoint, something like what happened in latter September 2017 (7 consecutive 90s... all daily records) is highly unlikely.  I wouldn't be surprised if today is the last one, but I wouldn't be surprised at one or two more either.

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Wonder how many more there will be. No more in sight in the immediate future and you really start fighting climo in the back half of September and beyond. From a probabilistic standpoint, something like what happened in latter September 2017 (7 consecutive 90s... all daily records) is highly unlikely.  I wouldn't be surprised if today is the last one, but I wouldn't be surprised at one or two more either.

I forgot about that anomalous heat last September...I guess I try to block out warm wx as much as possible. :ph34r:

7 consecutive daily records...wow. 

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

CMI just had the highest reading of the year earlier, we tagged 95! Impressive heat  for sure. Yeah last September we broke a record from 1895 on September 20th, when we reached 95 degrees.