Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Searching for Fall

Isopycnic

7 hours ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Ok, guess it's the fall wennie in me but I find that I am actually a little giddy about tomorrow night. I seriously have been thinking about the cool down all day with anticipation, kinda like when you have something really cool planned that you can't wait till it gets here. Ok, part if it is that my a/c went out a couple weeks ago and with the heat and humidity, the windows have provided little relief at night. But beyond that, it will be awesome just to have some comfortable, NORMAL weather! Most on the board have not seen temps below 60 since the late August front, even places like Asheville. Low 50s is going to feel so awesome!

I haven't seen <60 since April. Beyond excited for summer to finally be over.

On 9/27/2018 at 1:36 PM, BK Rambler said:

Latest dates for first <60 temp:

ATL  10/8 (1911, 1925) only five years in total occurring in October - ATL has yet to reach 60 this year

CLT 10/5 (1881) only three years total occurring in October - note CLT hit 54 on 8/24 this year so curious about Brad P's statement

Greenville, SC (not GSP) 10/13 (2005) only instance in October (note GVL was 61 and GSP was 59 the morning of 8/24 this year)

Raleigh (not RDU) 9/25 (1906) - note Raleigh was in the fifties 8/24 & 25 this year

Not sure about the other sites, but ATL's record was broken. It didn't fall below 60*F (with a low of 59*F) until 10/11. 

Also, ATL's first negative departure day since 8/25 was 10/12, with a departure of -2*C.

• 10 months later...