• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Searching for Fall

Isopycnic

Long range GFS continues to push much cooler air down and finally through the area Oct 5th. Many areas would be low 60s / mid 50s for highs with 40s for lows and even some 30s high elevation verbatim. Long way off, 240 +, and GFS has been showing a pattern changing cool down since early Sept, literally, so don't get too excited, but it as been there for quite a few runs, minus one last night. Man we are due!

Who cares about temps being in the 60's and 70's when it is only because of heavy fog and rainy conditions.  This has to be overall the most crappy year of weather I can remember.  And at this point, if I dont get my extended fall, I sure as heck dont want to dive straight into a cold and snowy winter.  

Groundhog day forecast for much of this week and weekend.  Bring on October.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kvegas-wx said:

Who cares about temps being in the 60's and 70's when it is only because of heavy fog and rainy conditions.  This has to be overall the most crappy year of weather I can remember.  And at this point, if I dont get my extended fall, I sure as heck dont want to dive straight into a cold and snowy winter.  

October is coming; and if the 6z GFS is right, we'll see a lot of 80s and 90s for highs. 

But the GFS has been flipping back and forth between a nice cool down and more of the same warmth. I'll be interested to see what the 12z brings. 

3 hours ago, kvegas-wx said:

I have to disagree.  I'll take my 60s and 70s in any which way I can get them, rain or shine.  I actually kind of like the gloomy, overcast, drizzly days from time to time.  Additionally, I would quite willingly forgo fall (though I would miss it), if I could dive right in to a cold and snowy winter in October.