Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Searching for Fall

Isopycnic

4 hours ago, DopplerWx said:

gfs looks god awful still, highs in the 90s, lows in the 70s through mid sept. not a cold front in sight.

12z still looks bad as well, but the one good thing about this pattern is it allows cold to develop in NW Canada. Snow coverage builds rapidly in that area during the next ten days. When we do finally get that big cold front it may switch us to well below normal temps. And that would feel dramatic compared with the forecasted above normal temps through mid month. 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2018 at 2:10 PM, FallsLake said:

12z still looks bad as well, but the one good thing about this pattern is it allows cold to develop in NW Canada. Snow coverage builds rapidly in that area during the next ten days. When we do finally get that big cold front it may switch us to well below normal temps. And that would feel dramatic compared with the forecasted above normal temps through mid month. 

good point!  nothing beats the first true cold front of fall, when you walk out of the door in the morning and can smell the crisp cold air!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, yotaman said:

My stepdaughter just moved up to Watertown NY cause she hates heat and humidity so much and now she is complaining that it is too hot and humid up there. It's been in the mid to upper 80's there recently. They have no A/C.

Why not just live above 4000ft in nc? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sw NC weather said:

Gfs is constant with a pattern change starting around the September 20th

Once the Euro goes that far out on the free maps I expect it to disappear.

In other news I have started seeing some slight color change on some trees while out on my runs. Also today is the first day with a sunrise after 7 am. The temps may not look like it but I am starting to feel like it is fall.

Been so busy with Florence, that I haven't been focused on the extended. Probably a good thing. The eastern ridge looks to continue it's dominance for at least the next 10 days. The GFS doesn't have a good cool down until the end of its run. We could be looking at the first part of October until ACs can be shut off. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FallsLake said:

Been so busy with Florence, that I haven't been focused on the extended. Probably a good thing. The eastern ridge looks to continue it's dominance for at least the next 10 days. The GFS doesn't have a good cool down until the end of its run. We could be looking at the first part of October until ACs can be shut off. 

It’s getting ridiculous at this point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

The longer we hold off winter , the better! 1995/1996 redux incoming! Was warm all the way through October, then hammer dropped!

Yeah, but just like we had no spring, I definitely dont wanna give up my fall.  Best time of the year!  If we go from 80's to 50's me and mother nature are gonna have a chat.  (She'll win of course)