Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,515
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews
    Joined
Rtd208

September 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, bluewave said:

The Miami dew points can't stay away for long.

Kennedy Intl   CLOUDY    75  74  96 SE9       30.02F
Warwick          N/A     75  75 100 SE5         

We missed a 75 degree dew point by one degree lol.

Looks like Warwick, RI made it.

JFK got their 41st the next day, 75/75/100% right now at  5 am

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SRRTA22 said:

Me too. Clouds are racing, nice strong breeze and a very tropical airmass. Feels different then your normal warm passes we've experienced this summer..but ye know...human psyche does play a role.

I got this refreshing feeling last year too when those TCs were just offshore and in 2016 I think it was with Matthew passing by to our east.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next 8 days averaging 72degs., or about 6degs. AN.

Month to date is +2.9[73.2].   Should be +3.9[72.8] by the 26th.

Of the previous 60 days, just 17 have been BN.

Florence leftovers, remnant low, appear to be about 150 miles to our west this AM, with no real circulation anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2018 at 8:11 AM, SACRUS said:

More like Denmark in the spring.  If you looked at the 500 MB map the last 8 days youd think we would have been +8 - 10.  ONce we clear in 2023 we should warmup nicely.

 

In all seriousness - ECM is back to predominant higher heights in the Sep 20 - 24 period perhaps the next window for a little late season heat. 

Hey Denmark has a nice climate lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

We missed a 75 degree dew point by one degree lol.

Looks like Warwick, RI made it.

JFK got their 41st the next day, 75/75/100% right now at  5 am

 

41 days is off the charts compared to anything that we have seen before. 

1384579836_Screenshot2018-09-18at6_40_12AM.thumb.png.64a0609ec5adb19ed30c9abd0c449242.png

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, bluewave said:

41 days is off the charts compared to anything that we have seen before. 

1384579836_Screenshot2018-09-18at6_40_12AM.thumb.png.64a0609ec5adb19ed30c9abd0c449242.png

 

Chris, do you think today is the last one or could we see more of these this month/year?  It seems to be rather easy to get 75+ dew points this year, much harder to get 90 degree highs, but if you look at climatology and past history, 75+ dew points should be more difficult to get than 90 degree highs here!

 

Fall begins Saturday night at 9:54PM EDT but day and night dont become equal until 4 days later, on the 26th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Chris, do you think today is the last one or could we see more of these this month/year?  It seems to be rather easy to get 75+ dew points this year, much harder to get 90 degree highs, but if you look at climatology and past history, 75+ dew points should be more difficult to get than 90 degree highs here!

 

Fall begins Saturday night at 9:54PM EDT but day and night dont become equal until 4 days later, on the 26th.

Plenty of moisture available for slow moving tropical downpours from Florence later.

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/HRRRNE_CUR/comploop.html

885140965_2018091806_GFS_015_40.58-73.65_severe_ml.thumb.png.0dfbec839feeacdd5d6968583fb30e2e.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Preliminary Record High Minimum Temperatures for 9/18:

Atlantic City: 78° (old record: 72°, 1972)
Boston: 71° (old record: 69°, 1992)
Bridgeport: 75° (old record: 72°, 2016)
Islip: 74° (old record: 69°, 1991 and 2016)
New Haven: 75° (old record: 70°, 1991, 1992, and 2016)
New York City-JFK: 75° (old record: 72°, 1972)
New York City-LGA: 76° (old record: 72°, 2016)
New York City-NYC: 75° (old record: 72°, 1905 and 1972)
Newark: 76° (old record: 72°, 1972)
Philadelphia: 73° (old record: 72°, 1942 and 1991)
Providence: 72° (old record: 68°, 1972)
Salisbury: 77° (old record: 74°, 1972)
Trenton: 76° (old record: 74°, 1888)
Washington, DC: 75° (old record: 73°, 1942, 1970, and 1991)
Westhampton: 73° (old record: 69°, 2016)
White Plains: 73° (old record: 68°, 1971)

Note: The guidance suggests that temperatures at some of these locations could fall below their current minimum temperatures for the day before the daily record-keeping period ends.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Strong southerly winds right now in wantagh. A few breaks of sun which I assume are helping mix down the stronger winds

Getting a heavy downpour here in SW Suffolk now with the sun still out. Welcome to Florida.

WUNIDS_map.gif.35fb4fdff0db455c6273947d4b0c9bbe.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Central Middlesex County NJ getting hammered. Looks as if the very heavy stuff will continue to miss just to the south this afternoon. A lot of rain for NYC south and east, but probably not much for northern Jersey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Central Middlesex County NJ getting hammered. Looks as if the very heavy stuff will continue to miss just to the south this afternoon. A lot of rain for NYC south and east, but probably not much for northern Jersey.

Yeah the northern activity is starting to weaken as that line becomes more organized to the south and east

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CI being slammed right now [11:54am] by long, rolling thunderclaps and a decent rate of rain.

Little in the way of wind so far.   Was rumbling, distant thunder for the last 30 mins. too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Very little here.   .05.   3K nam wins again....

That’s not true. Well over an inch of rain here so far and currently pouring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bluewave said:

Getting a heavy downpour here in SW Suffolk now with the sun still out. Welcome to Florida.

WUNIDS_map.gif.35fb4fdff0db455c6273947d4b0c9bbe.gif

It was bright and sunny and then started to pour within seconds.  This sometimes happens in the winter too, but with snow and the passage of an arctic front.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×