• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

The first 8 days of September already averaging 79degs., or about 8degs. AN.    Sept. would already be +2,  if the rest of the month is Normal.

The next 3 months on the RWTT are AN and unchanging so far for most of the populated NH.    Look for Norway, Finland etc. to set more all time Sept.  records.  Oslo had all time hottest day at 95 in July.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Second week of Sept. looks to have lots of tropical potential.   While earlier GOM system looks small and puny on the EURO, and non-existant on the GFS, a second feature seems strong on both.   It may be looking for a way west and north to the EC from the mid-Atlantic.   Stand by for this item, or one or two other later attempts.

In early August I told some of my weather buddies the long range still looked hot and humid, I remember them saying no no around the middle of the month the heat would be gone. Now they are trying to tell me it will be snowing early this year. I just do not see it. This month as a whole still looks like it will wind up being +1.5 to +3F to me. And that +1.5F might be too conservative. I don't mind the warmth in the fall, but I do start to mind it around Christmas. I like it to turn cold and snowy (at least cold) in early December in so that the ski areas can march towards 100% by Christmas. Last year was a late start for many ski areas and overall it was still a fairly tough season despite the AN snow. Why? Late January and most of February torched and that was prime snow sports time. Once March rolls around even if there are perfect conditions, people just do no go skiing or boarding at much. 

42 minutes ago, 495weatherguy said:

Don’t know the actual temp, I don’t have a weather station, intervals of sun and clouds(getting sunny)here at nassau/Suffolk border

It cleared out nicely on LI with sunny skies now. Great afternoon for the beach without the big crowds that we normally get on the Labor Day weekend.

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/GOES_PA/loop60.html

https://nysea.com/live-cam/

853048836_Screenshot2018-09-01at3_35_54PM.png.f2f2bbf535ca8bb09ed86db8eaae11ce.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bluewave said:

It cleared out nicely on LI with sunny skies now. Great afternoon for the beach without the big crowds that we normally get on the Labor Day weekend.

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/GOES_PA/loop60.html

https://nysea.com/live-cam/

853048836_Screenshot2018-09-01at3_35_54PM.png.f2f2bbf535ca8bb09ed86db8eaae11ce.png

...hoping for the same tomorrow(sunday).. beach days are numbered now as Sept. rolls on.

1 hour ago, Rtd208 said:

The GFS has been showing things getting pretty wet again over the last few runs from late this upcoming week into next weekend.

Yeah we're gonna have a 4 day heat wave (MON through THUR) and then much cooler and wet for Friday and next weekend. The question is does the heat come back for the following week?

The next 8 days averaging 80degs., or about 9degs. AN.

RWTT looks the same for the next 90 days throughout the NH.   Just AN, where most  people live.   For us, +2 or +3 all the way, a little better than August, as the SD increases toward winter.