• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

The rain should start to become more convective in nature over the next several hours as the warm front pushes North. You can already see that happening on radar as the solid stratiform rain breaks up some and shifts North. Not exactly great news for the ongoing flash flooding as convection will only bring heavier rates, just a bit less widespread.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

White Plains has picked up 0.99" rain in 30 minutes.

IEMBot Okx @iembot_okx
At 2:12 PM EDT, White Plains [Westchester Co, NY] DEPT OF HIGHWAYS reports FLASH FLOOD. BRONX RIVER PARKWAY CLOSED DUE TO FLOODING BETWEEN GREENACRES AVENUE AND TARRYTOWN ROAD.mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/lsr/#OKX/20180…
11:15 AM - 25 Sep 2018 from White Plains, NY
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

Why do people drive into floods like this?

https://twitter.com/ABC7NY/status/1044665439123574784?s=20

Even better, try to drive through in a low vehicle. Definitely one of the advantages of driving a truck. But I also know the water depth I’m driving through in my neighborhood. (Coastal flooding prone) 

dumping again on the uws.  

I remember being on Rockaway Turnpike (SW Nassau) after a downpour when a gas tanker truck literally sped through one of those floods in the left lane, creating a tidal wave which fully enveloped the Honda Civic I was driving as well as the car in front of me, the wave literally went over the roof of the car.

No damage thankfully, and thankfully the idiot didn’t roll over in traffic and burst into flames.