Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

3 hours ago, TriPol said:

I don't think we're going to see 90 again this year. Looks like a stretch to hit 80, too. Glad it's finally over with. October looks cooler than normal, so maybe a warm winter on tap?

We could hit 80 on wednesday. There are signs of a strong cold front during the first week of October, but it could just be a brief cool shot. I think most forecasts are for a warmer than normal pattern overall for this Fall. Not sure where you're hearing a cooler than normal October. It's pretty rare for us to get a cooler than normal month these days.

5 hours ago, SnoSki14 said:

I think the cool autumn ship has sailed permanently. At this point we'd be fortunate just to avoid the top 10 warmest fall months. 

I wouldn't go that far but cool autumns will probably be considerably harder to come by. I suppose a pattern perfectly conducive to troughing from September to November would do the trick.

33 minutes ago, WarrenCtyWx said:

I wouldn't go that far but cool autumns will probably be considerably harder to come by. I suppose a pattern perfectly conducive to troughing from September to November would do the trick.

I understand the dynamics going on in the background....But these statements are very early on and speculative.

8 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

I dunno about that, it's 63 in my living room right now. 

I didn’t realize how much further north you were than I am.  I’m on LI, negligible elevation.  Despite all the windows being open last night only made it down to 70 last night.  Maybe down to 68 tonight since the forecast is to be cooler overnight 

32 minutes ago, 495weatherguy said:

I didn’t realize how much further north you were than I am.  I’m on LI, negligible elevation.  Despite all the windows being open last night only made it down to 70 last night.  Maybe down to 68 tonight since the forecast is to be cooler overnight 

I had all my bedroom windows open last with the ceiling fans going, got down to 64 in there by this morning. Hoping for cooler than that tonight. 

Low temperatures closer to normal for a few days felt nice. The minimum temperature departure for the Northeast was at a record +5 to +10 through the first 22 days of September. The return of the 70 degree dew points with the heavy rain potential this week will result in very warm minimums again.

1894526041_Screenshot2018-09-24at8_04_43AM.png.e8c0534afe1dfef655da7780c7c59c6d.png

14 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

I had all my bedroom windows open last with the ceiling fans going, got down to 64 in there by this morning. Hoping for cooler than that tonight. 

Cooler in the house than 64? Your lower back must be younger than mine ;) 

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

Low temperatures closer to normal for a few days felt nice. The minimum temperature departure for the Northeast was at a record +5 to +10 through the first 22 days of September. The return of the 70 degree dew points with the heavy rain potential this week will result in very warm minimums again.

1894526041_Screenshot2018-09-24at8_04_43AM.png.e8c0534afe1dfef655da7780c7c59c6d.png

Grrr :fulltilt: Those darn high minimums screwing everything up again :thumbsdown:

45 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Cooler in the house than 64? Your lower back must be younger than mine ;) 

Grrr :fulltilt: Those darn high minimums screwing everything up again :thumbsdown:

I didn't check the downstairs temps this morning, it was 64 in the bedroom again so downstairs was probably a couple of degrees cooler. Funny you mention the lower back, I've done plenty to mine over the years so I have problems with it.  Saturday night my 3 year old niece was using me as a jungle gym, it wasn't a problem then but I'm icing it this morning LOL.