Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

1 hour ago, NortheastPAWx said:

This.

If you want 90/75 into Fall, go move to Florida. 

Yeah **** all that lol.

1 hour ago, 495weatherguy said:

I would welcome an extension of summer.  As I remember it, summer really didn’t get started until july(in terms of sustained warmth and sun). What I could do without is the humidity.   I should have clarified my stance 

Yeah I swear to you I probably lost 20 pounds of sweat this summer. I’m a plumber so imagine lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SACRUS said:

To each his own id prefer last thu over the last few days.  As i get older I prefer winter ( and i mean WINTER)Thanksgiving to St Patty's day then let it be summer otherwise.

Dew on the rise 70 degree line to monmouth 

dewpoint720.png  

Yeah was out earlier with a sweater on. Regretted it instantly 

30 minutes ago, SACRUS said:

To each his own id prefer last thu over the last few days.  As i get older I prefer winter ( and i mean WINTER)Thanksgiving to St Patty's day then let it be summer otherwise.

Dew on the rise 70 degree line to monmouth 

dewpoint720.png  

I prefer a shorter winter--dec 15-feb 15 would satisfy my snow and cold cravings; although as I get older even those feelings are waning

27 minutes ago, 495weatherguy said:

Out in Patchogue now-like a different world versus Huntington.   Sun is out, hot and humid.   Car says 84, blue skies.   What a contrast

Was similar here, but it’s clouded up again with these storms moving in off the ocean, looks like a miss for me though.

Just had some tropical type downpours in wantagh which brought the 2 day total over 2” and the 4 day approaching 4”. Definitly a feast or famine pattern we can’t seem to buy a drop of rain followed by extremely wet periods. Another example of the “stuck” patterns we have been experiencing. 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2018 at 8:23 AM, donsutherland1 said:

It's unfortunate. Nevertheless, it was exceptionally cool and quite a break from what we had been experiencing earlier in the month.

I hate the idea of having the "day" start at midnight or 1 am when we have DST- records should be kept from sunrise of one day to sunrise the next day.

Next 8 days averging 74degs., or about 6 or 7 degrees AN.    Month to date is +1.9[73.1], should be about +4.0[73.4] by the 20th.   Need at least 71.6 to end in TopTen.

We do not get the rain from F. till the 19th. or so.   Then a one day cool down and record heat by the 26th?   Don't be surprised if Halloween isn't about 85 either. (RWTT)

At 7:00am here:  73 degs. out  80%in  Fog<300'

At 10:00am          76 degs.        85%     but Fog lifting

Still three systems around at:

29N  70W,    14N  54W,    19N  37W.

While we lost the 90 degree highs, the 70 degree + minimums continue. Long Island keeps adding to the record breaking number of 70 degree or higher minimums. Notice how many recent years are near the top of the list.

Highest number of 70 degree or higher minimums for ISP:

#1....39 days....2018

#2....36 days....2010....1980

#3....35 days....2016

#4....34 days....2013....1999

#5....32 days.....2015.....1988

1 hour ago, Brian5671 said:

Day 6 of no sun here.  (had a couple peeks yesterday for a minute or two each time)

A total of 57 minutes of sunshine since 1600 on Thursday Sep 6.  had we cleared and experienced some sun we'd be in the midst of another heat-wave.  

More murk and duldrums (may be stuck on old image for some reas0n if so click --vis_nj_anim.gif 

vis_nj_anim.gif