Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Lane impacts Hawaii

NJwx85

23 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

There is a pretty expansive area of heavy rain just to the North or Maui now which could make it to Ohau.

Yeah, but we probably aren’t going to see anything on the leeward side lol. 0.04 so far. Decent winds here though. 

Need quite a bit more to reach those 8-12 inches of rain. 

Just now, metalicwx366 said:

Yeah, but we probably aren’t going to see anything on the leeward side lol. 0.04 so far. Decent winds here though. 

Need quite a bit more to reach those 8-12 inches of rain. 

Yeah I’m having my doubts too. I don’t need the massive rain. At this point I’d settle for a few hours of hurricane force gusts to set the mood and justify all the hype.

2 minutes ago, Windspeed said:

Don't like throwing around the word "catastrophic" for description because it gets over used in an exaggerative manner, however, if the 1-3"/hr rain rates don't back down upslope of Hilo soon, that's exactly what we're going to be using to describe the flooding event there.

Yeah the Windward side of that island is taking the brunt.

10 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

There’s basically nothing left, the rain Southwest of Maui is breaking apart now. The only real organized area is North and East of Oahu and over the big island. I highly doubt Oahu ends up seeing much impact now.

Yeah I’m pretty much done with it now. Any significant rain won’t happen till tomorrow late morning or afternoon looks like. 

Been one hell of a storm for Big Island and Maui rainfall wise though. Insane rainfall totals over there.

16 minutes ago, metalicwx366 said:

Yeah I’m pretty much done with it now. Any significant rain won’t happen till tomorrow late morning or afternoon looks like. 

Been one hell of a storm for Big Island and Maui rainfall wise though. Insane rainfall totals over there.

There is some rain on the North shore but it’s hitting those mountains and not making it over. I still feel like as the system moves West we will get some solid rains, but the main threat is over.

12 minutes ago, metalicwx366 said:

No. 

Not one band of rain associated with Lane has made it up here without falling apart. 

I don’t know, that band looks pretty solid now. And some persistent heavy showers are finally building on the Windward side of the island.