• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Excessive Rainfall and Thunderstorm Event

NJwx85

Pouring. Again. Today might be the event that makes me finally get my own weather station. Wantagh mesonet and Farmingdale Airport are usually close enough that they give me a pretty good estimate of weather events. Not today. I’ve never seen it pour so many times like this in a single day.  So localized too. 

23 minutes ago, tdp146 said:

Pouring. Again. Today might be the event that makes me finally get my own weather station. Wantagh mesonet and Farmingdale Airport are usually close enough that they give me a pretty good estimate of weather events. Not today. I’ve never seen it pour so many times like this in a single day.  So localized too. 

radar estimates 2" around you.   3" around me and 4" around Bellmore.  I'm  not home so i have no idea. 

Screenshot_20180812-203457.png

7 minutes ago, ForestHillWx said:

There's a decent east wind this morning, I didn't anticipate. Point and click offering another 1.25" out this way; nothing so far.

The radar presentation in PA is impressive. A fire hose of heavy rain right up the Susquehanna valley. 

The radar is filling in along the coast and Southern NJ.

1 hour ago, ForestHillWx said:

There's a decent east wind this morning, I didn't anticipate. Point and click offering another 1.25" out this way; nothing so far.

The radar presentation in PA is impressive. A fire hose of heavy rain right up the Susquehanna valley. 

Just a crazy pattern this week.   Modeling all of the place for today-RGEM and EURO the wettest, Euro has 6 inches over N NJ by tonight

56 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Just a crazy pattern this week.   Modeling all of the place for today-RGEM and EURO the wettest, Euro has 6 inches over N NJ by tonight

The slug working its way up the NJ coast and into NYC should gradually spread into most of NJ before pivoting Northeast late tonight.

Looks like a squall line is developing from what's left of this mornings coastal convection in Eastern Monmouth, extending Eastward out into the ocean several hundred miles with more storms firing North of that about to rotate into LI, the sound and CT. Meanwhile the rainfall rates seem to be diminishing some as the bands rotate into Northern NJ. The heaviest will likely be wherever the pivot ends up occuring.

4 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Heavy rain here in Fort Lauderdale too and flight home is delayed. Long day incoming

Been there, done that. You might have a window later this afternoon but it's not looking great. I find that traveling too and from Florida, it's best to have the first flight. After that, they're all a crap shoot this time of the year.

Just now, NJwx85 said:

Been there, done that. You might have a window later this afternoon but it's not looking great. I find that traveling too and from Florida, it's best to have the first flight. After that, they're all a crap shoot this time of the year.

Yea I’m not a morning person so I get later flights. Starting raining early today at 9:30 which isn’t normal, every other day rain started after 2