• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The 2018-2019 Ski Season Thread

Skivt2

Mid-week at WaWa is fine as long as your visit does not coincide with February vacation or a weekend. I've never skied there but Butternut Ski area out in Great Barrington has always intrigued me. 

Butternut is a great area for beginners. Gentle slopes and they do a great job with making high quality snow. There grooming is also impeccable. Great Barrington is also a great town right down the road.

8 hours ago, Angus said:

Mid-week at WaWa is fine as long as your visit does not coincide with February vacation or a weekend. I've never skied there but Butternut Ski area out in Great Barrington has always intrigued me. 

Avoid Presidents week.  Otherwise mid week it is pretty empty until after the school groups show up around 3:30

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Excellent skiing conditions at Bromley on Saturday with nearly all trails opened. Summit above the clouds part of the day.

Bromley.jpg

IMG95201812019514155495205.jpg

IMG9510181.jpg

PANO952018120195100002.vr.jpg

Awesome! Considering I have driven past bromley 100 times and have never ridden there I’m intrigued. I know they call it the sun mountain because it faces south. How was it? I’m assuming amazing considering what we had at Stratton! 

I really like Bromley. It's a mid-size mountain without any terrain that I can think of that makes you pause for a moment but has a good amount of variety - generously spaced trees, wide boulevards and narrow, windy trails. I ski there once every couple of years and always enjoy. Their snowmaking is pretty good too. And I should add, the people - customers and employees - all seem real nice.

1 hour ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Awesome! Considering I have driven past bromley 100 times and have never ridden there I’m intrigued. I know they call it the sun mountain because it faces south. How was it? I’m assuming amazing considering what we had at Stratton! 

Bromley received 25" of snow last week and nearly all of the trails were opened. The snow conditions were excellent with just a few areas of thin cover mainly in damp areas. No crowds with all lifts being ski on all day. The southern exposure at Bromley isn't an issue until Spring. 

My son and I where thinking of skiing at Mount Snow or Magic, but I was afraid of crowds. It was really odd to be skiing a mountain with about 75% natural cover in early December.

1 hour ago, Angus said:

I really like Bromley. It's a mid-size mountain without any terrain that I can think of that makes you pause for a moment but has a good amount of variety - generously spaced trees, wide boulevards and narrow, windy trails. I ski there once every couple of years and always enjoy. Their snowmaking is pretty good too. And I should add, the people - customers and employees - all seem real nice.

The handicapped parking is about 50' from the HSQ. That's ideal for me. It's paved and level. I agree with you on friendly customer service.

4 hours ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

The handicapped parking is about 50' from the HSQ. That's ideal for me. It's paved and level. I agree with you on friendly customer service.

I need to try it.  It has rarely been on my radar, yet I find that I prefer small to medium sized places.   Those pics above are stellar.

F-ing weather anxiety is nearly killing me.

All this snow up north....had one day in the pokes so far.  Had a chance to ski S-Vt two weekends ago, and work screwed it up last minute.  Scheduled to ski this weekend in the cats, but looks like a rain out.  

Skiing Stowe 12/22-24, and absolutely freaking out about the forecasts.  Sounds like they get rain this weekend, and it warms up the days following.  Very concerned the woods and natural trails will be shit.  really was looking forward to taking my kids all over that mountain - as a family we've been there once, when they were only 20% open, but I've skied it a bunch.  

Being a NE skier living in NJ is not for the feint of heart.

11 hours ago, #NoPoles said:

Wow, super cool new lift. I skied Big Sky/Moonlight Basin back in January 2009. Got a bunch of friends together and rented a slope-side Moonlight Mountain House chalet. One of my best trips ever. I loved the laid back feel and friendly vibe of the place. Hardly a lift line to speak of. Riding the tram to the summit and the accompanying views were a treat. Was able to do a side trip into Yellowstone on snowmobile. Enjoyed seeing the geothermal features and wildlife.

Overall, an amazing place I would highly recommend to anyone. 

-Jason

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

We cut and melt and refereeze and icy surface and cry

Yeah...darn it!  My son is coming home today and heading back to Oregon New Years.  I was hoping to do some skiing with him but it doesn't look great.  Any ski recently?  Was wondering how it is right now.  At least I get to ski with him in Oregon in February.