• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August 2018 Observations

yotaman

Got to go out and finally mow my squishy yard between working 6 days a week and constant rain its been tough and probably 2 weeks since its been mowed so I left mowers tracks all over with tons of clumped up grass.....rained off and on all night with lots of close thunder and lightning for the 3rd straight night....overall we have had a exceptionally wet 3-5 year period with the 3 yrs from 2014-2016 being better than 60" heck both 15/16 were within 1" of the all time wettest year and remarkably the difference between the two years at PGV was only .87"...PGV has received basically a extra years worth of rain since 2014. 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2018 at 12:01 PM, Eric said:

Hope this helps.  I can attest to the low rainfall totals in Union County North Carolina.  It started last summer and has continued ever since.

It was looking "crispy" in Monroe today.  A client of mine who lives just west of downtown Monroe lost an established dogwood tree in a wooded section of their property due to the ongoing dry weather there.  Other dogwoods along the street in their neighborhood are drooping.

On 8/20/2018 at 1:26 PM, downeastnc said:

Got to go out and finally mow my squishy yard between working 6 days a week and constant rain its been tough and probably 2 weeks since its been mowed so I left mowers tracks all over with tons of clumped up grass.....rained off and on all night with lots of close thunder and lightning for the 3rd straight night....overall we have had a exceptionally wet 3-5 year period with the 3 yrs from 2014-2016 being better than 60" heck both 15/16 were within 1" of the all time wettest year and remarkably the difference between the two years at PGV was only .87"...PGV has received basically a extra years worth of rain since 2014. 

Mowed my wet yard yesterday too. I can attest to the clumps of cut grass everywhere. Got finished just before it rained again. Weeds have over-taken my garden. It's been too wet to get out in it and weed. Maybe the drier weather this week will allow me to get some work done in it.

It's coming...

NWS RaleighVerified account @NWSRaleigh 17m17 minutes ago

A front is expected to sweep through central #NCwx this evening, spurring a few scattered showers and storms along the way. Behind the front, cooler and drier weather is expected to settle in through the weekend. Full forecast: http://www.weather.gov/rah DlOnjXHX4AESY8T.jpg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

When you find it, please livestream it and follow it every inch of the way to the triad.  I may just lie in my weed lawn and sob quietly come saturday morning.  I am soooo done with this summer.  

You will get it way before I do. I am with you on this summer weather.

• Thanks 1

Good Morning Folks.. I've had "Network Troubles" hence My not being able to post for a bit.. (City is constructing a New Fire Station across the street from me.)

Little over a 4.50 Inch's of Precipitation Since the end of July.. 

Trace of Rain since this wonderful cold front moved through Early this morning.

Current Obs.

79/72

currently 79F

Dewpoint 68%

Humidity 61%

Pressure 29.96

Clear Skies.

Winds ENE~NNE variable @13 Gusts to 21 mph

Beach water temp (It has fallen to 77F)

Almost time for FALL FISHING