Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August Discobs Thread

George BM

10 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Late August heat and humidity always feels worse to me somehow. I know we had hotter days earlier this summer, but, man, just took a walk four blocks to my bank downtown and it was absolutely brutal in Baltimore City.

Yeah...I’m not someone who complains often about heat, but it was bad today. From early morning when we took my oldest daughter to the bus stop for her first day of kindergarten to walking to my car at about 3:00 pm, it was muggy and hot. Looking forward to the upcoming rain.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mattie g said:

Yeah...I’m not someone who complains often about heat, but it was bad today. From early morning when we took my oldest daughter to the bus stop for her first day of kindergarten to walking to my car at about 3:00 pm, it was muggy and hot. Looking forward to the upcoming rain.

hope B had a great first day (and second)!! K starts next week (and I am not ready)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

If it were June, I'd agree.  But with September coming on Saturday, time is on our side.

September may be almost here, but there is nothing but heat and humidity in the forecast for at least the next 7 days.

At some point it will break, but that provides little consolation when the extended forecast shows nothing but the same miserable weather.

8 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

With no end in sight.

This is true,  looking at September as a whole it seems only the very end of the month may feature some cooler weather.  And wow,  there are some very warm SSTs off the East Coast , the buoy off of Cape May , NJ. is 80 degrees F. 

Also, it looks like the Atlantic hurricane season will be ramping up big time soon,  A large hurricane in the center of the Atlantic and moving North over time next week and then another more threatening long track may form and threaten the Southeast in 15 to 20 days . Speculation of couyrse, but things are going to get more active. 

This will also possibly change the NW Atlantic SST configuration no doubt as well with implications for thew winter season maybe.    

Granted this is looking out into September, still it's amazing how long this warmth looks to hold.  

I guess over seeding will have to wait . I cancelled my lawn aerator till at least the middle of September. Lawn was recovering a bit and now this heat has it looking 

aweful again . 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic