Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August Discobs Thread

George BM

21 hours ago, Jakkel138 said:

Stepped outside. End of the world. Steam bath out. One of the worst summers for yardwork. :axe:

Watch out for CHIGGERS. I mowed my neighbor's huge lawn 2 weeks ago, wound up with 27 chigger bites. Thats a RECORD.  Neighbor told me thats what I get for praying for so much rain

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Wow, hardly anything fell at my place, jusssstttt to the south of you. If this were winter, that would have been an amazing cut-off.

Picked up over an inch from friday night storms

then some storms in PA saturday afternoon put out an outflow boundary that sparked some heavy rain/storms that just trained along the MD/PA line. 

then off/on rain/drizzle/mist yesterday

and if it were winter, i'd be shunned ;) 

1 hour ago, mappy said:

Picked up over an inch from friday night storms

then some storms in PA saturday afternoon put out an outflow boundary that sparked some heavy rain/storms that just trained along the MD/PA line. 

then off/on rain/drizzle/mist yesterday

and if it were winter, i'd be shunned ;) 

An, the Friday night ones, I forgot about those. We did get some of that.  But definitely nothing Saturday or Sunday (not that I am bummed about that...we've had plenty still).

1 hour ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Meso guidance looks pretty meh tomorrow.

The question seems to be whether any storms will fire during the day out ahead of the main forcing.      Neither the cape nor shear are particularly crazy during the day, but the combination must just be sufficient for SVR if we get storms.     Otherwise, the best chance of widespread storms is way late during the evening (as per the NAM3), but they might be slightly elevated with lesser threat of SVR.

I am also keeping an eye on Wednesday, when the secondary cold front arrives during peak heating, with better lapse rates and deep layer shear in place.

Had a big yard project to do today (garden beds clean-up and mulching), and could't ask for better conditions with overcast and mid-70s.  Things are dry though with a paltry 0.27 since August 8.

I'm really happy about the beautiful weather for later this week, including Friday when we move our son into the dorm at UMD College Park.  Hoping for some rain tomorrow, but not counting on it.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic