• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discobs Thread

George BM

We really hit a jackpot here. I'd honestly say the most impressive thunderstorm I've been in since the derecho. Power is out, trees are down, roads are flooded, weather weenie is throbbing!

Corresponding with the worst winds (around 4:35) the radar velocity showed some green patches within the red, just north of where I live. Nothing impressive but makes sense because the direction of the winds had practically no consistency at all.

I was hoping to drive around and get pictures but I'm stuck between road closures. Recorded most of it from the window because I'm itching for a Darwin award but it was pretty much a whiteout during the worst of it so the footage probably isn't any good. Oh well. My mom made it back home with her steak just minutes before the first gusts, so a happy ending for everybody!

...Well, except I guess for the losers who only got a few thundershowers. 

invDzZj.gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

heh...how much you want to bet we stay high and dry all day?

I think so.  On the positive side we went into the Fri-Mon period thinking it was gonna be a washout except Friday.  Turned out to be a pretty nice weekend and sun's coming out now.

Wow has SE PA been getting killed though!  Many counties under FF warnings again for up to 4" so far and raining hard.  Glad that is not us; I just want 0.5-0.75 for the grass and gardens.

14 hours ago, Tater Tot said:

We really hit a jackpot here. I'd honestly say the most impressive thunderstorm I've been in since the derecho. Power is out, trees are down, roads are flooded, weather weenie is throbbing!

Corresponding with the worst winds (around 4:35) the radar velocity showed some green patches within the red, just north of where I live. Nothing impressive but makes sense because the direction of the winds had practically no consistency at all.

I was hoping to drive around and get pictures but I'm stuck between road closures. Recorded most of it from the window because I'm itching for a Darwin award but it was pretty much a whiteout during the worst of it so the footage probably isn't any good. Oh well. My mom made it back home with her steak just minutes before the first gusts, so a happy ending for everybody!

...Well, except I guess for the losers who only got a few thundershowers. 

invDzZj.gif

my sister and bro in law drove through that storm on 64 towards the beach around 5-6pm yesterday.  she said it was one of the worst storms she's ever been through.

in a bit of a severe weather drought here.  would like to see some fireworks today.

Just about all the heavy action sunk well south of here last night, as modeled. Did have a brief torrential downpour though as a clearly defined outflow boundary from an isolated bay breeze induced storm that moved SW from SNJ into central DE popped a quick t-storm literally right over my yard.

I didn't look at the rain gauge this morning but somewhere around 3.7" for the month here, with about 1.4" falling since Saturday.

1 hour ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Another flash flood watch.  Another day of seeing and hearing storms just to my west for hours.  How much is anyone willing to wager it doesn't result in another day of reporting sprinkles that never wet the ground?

Ha.  Not even a sprinkle this time.  Slid right to my north before it crossed to the east.  Poured, albeit only for 5 minutes, at my job just 4 miles away.

Storms literally steer themselves around my yard.

5 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Ha.  Not even a sprinkle this time.  Slid right to my north before it crossed to the east.  Poured, albeit only for 5 minutes, at my job just 4 miles away.

Storms literally steer themselves around my yard.

You need to move dude, I would guess Thurmont, Harpers Ferry or Cascade.  Those are jackpots for all forms of weather.

1 hour ago, Eskimo Joe said:

You need to move dude, I would guess Thurmont, Harpers Ferry or Cascade.  Those are jackpots for all forms of weather.

Just a little information..... From a local weather station 2 miles east of Stephens City... If it didn’t rain another drop before January, the station would still finish the year 4” above normal.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic