Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
August Discobs Thread

George BM

Just now, Maestrobjwa said:

Are you serious? Wow...who made Baltimore City the target zone? Lol

That's just the placement of the jackpot...in 2006 it was Montgomery and Frederick Counties...in 2011 it was the Susquehanna River Valley in PA.  Next time, it could be Cumberland.  These big atmospheric river events have subtle jackpot zones in the them where you see hilarious totals, but 10 miles on either side it's more benign.  

1 hour ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Flash flood watch day #4, once again nothing more than a brief sprinkle.  Picked up .05" last night to bring the day's total to .15" and "event" total to .65".  Brings my total since July 1 to just over 3".  Good times.

That is unreal.  The rainfall map of the last 30 days has some 2-inch totals south of the Lake Anna area, with 10-15 inch plus amounts not far to the N and NE.

. 76", . 58", . 22" the past 3 days with mod rain falling now. Nothing special compared to some... But it's August! I should be mowing dust every two weeks by now... Not bailing hay every 5 days. This is May BS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, yoda said:

0.02 this time? 

Not this time.  It's the real deal.

2.25 after that last heavy batch.  Second one got us flush.  Poured for 1/2 hour.  First heavy batch lasted about 15 min, with moderate in between.  Just light rain now, but it was awesome during the second batch. Kids went out and played in the deluge running down the curb.  Water running everywhere.   Sump pump running almost every minute.  This one was terrific.

• Like 3

Since this Mornings Early report

We have received TODAY, (I averaged this out between Weather Stations from the beach to the "Official readings" at the KILM Airport).. About 10 weather Stations around  New Hanover Co.. Carolina/Wrightsville Beaches, and Neighborhoods, (including the State Port & UNCW), and  between them & the Airport..

In addition too, what I reported Early this morning, which Is about 5" + inches, rain amounts included since yesterday

Is around 3.0" +/- inches.... Today alone,,  there's still a few hours to go until 12AM.. 

IMBY I got 3.27" today, AFTER My report Early this morning 2.20,, + 3.27(today) = 5.47" inches of Rain IMBY Since yesterday afternoon..

Around WILM Some MORE and SOME Less..

Ya''ll are "crying" over rain? you should check the stats for WILM,N.C. for the past month! 

Good thing you are flat and coastal....a quarter of that would have caused sig flooding around mby. That is why we are “following “ rain....different topography and climate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic