Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Banter

George BM

16 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Bleacher Report has the Vikings in the top spot for their 2018 power rankings. Ladies and gents, the most glorious time of the year is almost upon us. 

1. Vikings
2. Rams
2. Eagles
4. Saints
5. Patriots 

I am not sold on Kirk Cousins. 

Offseason power rankings.  Better pack up the Lombardi and start the parade route ;)

Cousins is fine.  He is a borderline top-10 QB being paid ridiculous amounts because of how NFL free agency works.  I'm not so much worried about him as I am the OL.  So far, all three interior OL spots have had players held out for injury during training camp.  Cousins hasn't had one snap with Elflien (C) yet. 

Overall, the Vikings are completely loaded.  They had one weak spot on defense that they plugged with Sheldon Richardson.  Keenum was a nice story last year, but we've upgraded a bit there.  Injuries could derail any season, but this is as talented as the Vikings maybe have ever been.  Eagles and Rams are going to be nasty too, though.  Should be a fun season.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

Offseason power rankings.  Better pack up the Lombardi and start the parade route ;)

Cousins is fine.  He is a borderline top-10 QB being paid ridiculous amounts because of how NFL free agency works.  I'm not so much worried about him as I am the OL.  So far, all three interior OL spots have had players held out for injury during training camp.  Cousins hasn't had one snap with Elflien (C) yet. 

Overall, the Vikings are completely loaded.  They had one weak spot on defense that they plugged with Sheldon Richardson.  Keenum was a nice story last year, but we've upgraded a bit there.  Injuries could derail any season, but this is as talented as the Vikings maybe have ever been.  Eagles and Rams are going to be nasty too, though.  Should be a fun season.

And word comes out that Easton (LG) is out for the year.  Sigh.

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Weather has been great here in N. Myrtle beach this week. Found a cool burger / wing place called Hamburger Joe's...great food at real reasonable prices and to top it off they have PBR's for $1 all day longgggg. ..loving life :pepsi:

The wait has been an hour each night but well worth it....especially with an outdoor bar service window to get drinks while u wait 

Stayed at n Myrtle last year. Loved it. Isn't congested and built up like farther south. If you haven't been there yet, Duffy street seafood shack had some great seafood. It is on Main Street.

11 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Haven't yet but definitely will consider it for my last night tomorrow.  It's real close to my condo .

Maritime beach club? That is where we stayed. Wasn't a bad place but I have been in better. But it had the #1 thing that made it great. We didn't have to pay for it. :)

Father was out from California to vacation with us and he transferred one of his condo plans over to pay for it. All it cost me was buying the meals for my father. And that I had to force on him.

• Like 1

I am a couple days from leaving for Hell, Texas, and my life is already descending into Hell herei n VA as mom continues her control freak stranglehold on my poor little life.

It is going to be excruciating for the next 5 years at least.

I wish I did not have to go.

I actually would rather be dead. It would be much better, lol.

This is NOT gonna be fun. It will be Hell on Earth.

22 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

I'm excited to see what Cousins can do with a team that is actually good. Was just telling my husband last night that it wouldn't surprise me to see the Vikings go to the Super Bowl this year. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Jebman said:

I am a couple days from leaving for Hell, Texas, and my life is already descending into Hell herei n VA as mom continues her control freak stranglehold on my poor little life.

Hang in there Jeb. Everything will work itself out. You will eventually get along with Mom once the stress of moving is over. Stay in touch. Check in as often as you can. Good luck to you.

8 hours ago, Jebman said:

Tacos and a #4 double from Whataburger will save you.

the injuries are one of the things i was referring to in my nfl rant.  there's a reason some of the best athletes are no longer choosing sports like the nfl.  why do that when you need to split salary with 50-something other players, your career might end early, and you may end up with longterm issues when you retire.  i'm generalizing here and i do love football, but there's just a lot wrong with the sport right now, imo.  i'm pretty certain peds are rampant as well.  guys are bigger, faster, but so is everyone else and the more weight you carry, the greater chance of an injury.  maybe i'd feel better if the redskins were actually good again lol.  sucks for guice, though.  to get drafted and lose a season in your first game is tough.  he showed some explosiveness as well, which is something the skins needed out of the backfield.  they actually need playmakers in general.  running back is just one of those brutal positions in the nfl.

16 hours ago, Stormpc said:

Hang in there Jeb. Everything will work itself out. You will eventually get along with Mom once the stress of moving is over. Stay in touch. Check in as often as you can. Good luck to you.

Thanks, I will see how this goes. We are having more troubles with the safe deposit box at the bank so I got a temporary stay of execution - for 10 more days, lol.

14 hours ago, canderson said:

Tacos and a #4 double from Whataburger will save you.

Thanks, I'll try it. Ten triple tacos should do the trick. They got very good tacos down in San Marcos, lol.

On 8/11/2018 at 11:56 AM, smokeybandit said:

Maryland football...oof

this occurs all over football.  it's a sport where you either hit or get hit.  there's a lot of different motivational techniques used.  this sounds over the top for sure, but don't be surprised if more stories start coming out.

Maryland's biggest issue isn't that report about poor treatment of players.  Plenty of disgruntled players out there to make a stink.  And the drills they were doing when the heat stroke happened are common.

Their issue is the fact none of the medical staff recognized that the kid had a serious ailment.  Had he gotten the proper treatment from the start, he'd have been fine.

57 minutes ago, 87storms said:

this occurs all over football.  it's a sport where you either hit or get hit.  there's a lot of different motivational techniques used.  this sounds over the top for sure, but don't be surprised if more stories start coming out.

This is one reason I never played football and prefer not to support it. I played/participated in pretty much every other sport available to me instead. 

It’s a bunch of meatheaded freaks getting their rage on, and it’s pretty sad, to be honest.

On 8/13/2018 at 11:29 AM, mattie g said:

This is one reason I never played football and prefer not to support it. I played/participated in pretty much every other sport available to me instead. 

It’s a bunch of meatheaded freaks getting their rage on, and it’s pretty sad, to be honest.

LOL. Soccer is where it's at. 

On 8/13/2018 at 11:29 AM, mattie g said:

i played football with friends, but basketball has been my jam since middle school.  soccer was my first love, but i got ktfo going for a header and started to lose interest after that lol.  i'm a basketball junkie.  the wiz actually have a nice, balanced squad this year...finally.

as for the meatheads in football...i can't disagree.  i still love watching football on sundays, but i think it's a sport that doesn't need to be meathead'ish.  i really think football can be played with better pace and less contact, and that's why i think a new league could really come out of nowhere and pressure the nfl, unlike other sports.  i think goodell has done a subpar job making the game more flow'y.  i also think players should be able to kneel if they want, but that's another story.  long story short, football is a great sport and it's bigger than the nfl (they need to be careful with the path they choose because i truly think they could find themselves at some point competing with another league).

11 minutes ago, 87storms said:

great sport, but they need to cut out the injury embellishments.  it's obnoxious.  otherwise, i like watching some soccer.

I agree with you on the faking aspect. I can’t stand it. I understand that players need to be protected to a certain degree, but it’s a contact sport, and those “skill players” need to be able to take it. I’m a Tottenham Hotspur fan, and I’m proud that Harry Kane is our talisman. He’s a player that puts himself on the line and is willing to take the punishment doled out by defenders. He takes it, gets up, brushes off, and proceeds to consistently put the ball in the back of the net. Fantastic to watch.

I think we may get there in the future with the advent of VAR. And if FIFA ever gets its act together to push the federations/leagues to start using retroactive bans for diving/embellishment, then I really think we’ll be on track.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic