Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Banter

George BM

On 8/11/2018 at 12:44 AM, Jebman said:

Hey how are the Dallas Cowboys doin this year? I might actually need to defect from the Deadskins lmao

They are Redskins south.

Have a meddling owner/gm who's distracted by shiny toys. Okay talent but hamstrung by the cap due to previous deals for players long gone (Tony Romo and Dez Bryant come to mine). If they make the playoffs it will be because of a WC slot and a lot of teams choking.

Its starting. I definitely leave Northern Virginia early on Wednesday, August 22.

Meanwhile in other news, North VA may get an early taste of fall weather in the 2nd half of the week lol. I'll just miss it, lol.

Buda, Texas: Average high temperature is 99 degrees. Average low is 77 degrees. Its a radically warmer location, lol. ( Dale City averages are 89/66, by way of comparison).

The Mid Atlantic will enjoy a record snow winter. It will compare with, or even EXCEED, 1888 in Washington.

On 8/16/2018 at 5:40 PM, mattie g said:

I love beer

Brother, you'd love Asheville, NC.  Spent a few days there this week and really enjoyed ourselves.  We did some great hiking and went to about ten breweries (walked to most!) but didn't nearly get to all of them.  Just a beautiful area.  These two pictures were taken from the Deep Gap Trail on a hike from Mt. Mitchell to Mt. Craig.

DeepGapTrail1.jpg.c178a515a38cf3202c95117bcd0adb2b.jpg

Butterfly1.thumb.jpg.0f4fbea91c2f787365d25f0014decffc.jpg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Brother, you'd love Asheville, NC.  Spent a few days there this week and really enjoyed ourselves.  We did some great hiking and went to about ten breweries (walked to most!) but didn't nearly get to all of them.  Just a beautiful area.  These two pictures were taken from the Deep Gap Trail on a hike from Mt. Mitchell to Mt. Craig.

Heard lots of good things about Asheville. My grandfather played baseball there after he spent his prime years in the navy during and after WW2, and he and my grandmother really liked it even back then.

How's everyone in the forum been doing? So far, everything is pretty nice out here. Definitely a different climate in West Texas, but have been lucky enough to get some nice shots from thunderstorms. That's a huge plus out here with the wide open space. I can't wait for the temp to come down to get in some hiking in the Guadalupe's and Big Bend National Park. If anyone would like to plan something in the late fall, let me know!! Here's some pictures from out here of thunderstorms. 

Thunderstorm_1.thumb.PNG.db2e7708894a72c366ec4e4bfbeecf55.PNG

Thunderstorm_2.thumb.PNG.e8d6d478d54795343f22cf201fd17c38.PNG

• Like 7

On 8/16/2018 at 5:47 PM, Jakkel138 said:

LOL at the farmer's almanac prediction. "much above normal temps". I think the farmer's almanac is a joke. What are they basing this on? A 300 year old formula is probably flawed by now.

Opinion subject to change without notice.

No one should ever take seasonal forecasts seriously from either the Farmer's Almanac or JB.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

No one should ever take seasonal forecasts seriously from either the Farmer's Almanac or JB.  

If there's a forecaster i would avoid, It's definitely DT wxrisk. That guy boy needs a little timeout and gets overly angry for seemingly no reason. Should not be on social media and is a keyboard warrior.

crankyweatherguy is always my #1 source.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jakkel138 said:

If there's a forecaster i would avoid, It's definitely DT wxrisk. That guy boy needs a little timeout and gets overly angry for seemingly no reason. Should not be on social media and is a keyboard warrior.

crankyweatherguy is always my #1 source.

I wouldnt avoid his forecasts, just maybe personally interacting with him... Hes a good meteorologist, just a bit conceded.  

Got back from my trip. I wish i sent some pictures.. But today i went to the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy air and space museum. Saw the original restored Enola Gay and the SR-71 blackbird, the Concorde and last but not least, the Space shuttle Discovery.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic