Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Banter

George BM

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
29 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

NFL season officially kicks off tonight. From now through early Feb we will have NFL games to watch.

Winter is coming..

I know it is trendy to say that the NFL is in decline, etc, but I love football and can’t wait for the season to start.  Doesn’t hurt that my team is loaded.

• Like 3

On 8/2/2018 at 8:57 AM, MN Transplant said:

I know it is trendy to say that the NFL is in decline, etc, but I love football and can’t wait for the season to start.  Doesn’t hurt that my team is loaded.

NFL is the only sport I really pay attention to regularly. Its still number one.

I think attendance will be more problematic going forward, and not because of the kneeling. Its just simply too convenient to stay home and watch potentially every game on your UHD television, and not pay outrageous ticket and food prices and fight traffic, crappy weather, etc. This is a different era and a new generation of fans who grew up with high-tech. 

And I am pretty excited about the Ravens. So far so good with no rash of major injuries. Was about time for them to change their conditioning process. Assuming the key missing pieces are back healthy, plus the revamped receiver corp and Flacco looking very motivated and sharp, the offense should be much better. The D is loaded, and all they needed was for Pees and his passive, fold under pressure philosophy to go, and he, and it, are finally gone.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Was in bed watching TV with the gf this evening when a local commercial came on and had a radar image of a snowstorm. By reflex, I said "look at that deformation band, the area is getting CRUSHED".

My gf, who hates snow, lifted her head off my chest and turned over to the opposite side of the bed. Sorry, love. :lol: 

Looks like you get crushed with no fun this evening :lol:

On 8/2/2018 at 8:27 AM, C.A.P.E. said:

NFL season officially kicks off tonight. From now through early Feb we will have NFL games to watch.

Winter is coming..

Meh.

Oversized dudes playing three seconds at a time and running at each other with their heads first, then dying young because of the stress they put their bodies through from the time they were kids.

Eagles though. At least I can lord that over people.

On 8/3/2018 at 7:42 PM, WxWatcher007 said:

In football every game matters because there are so few. Weekends become sacred. 

The first half of the season maybe, but the problem is that for some teams that get off to a wretched start the season is pretty much done after 7 or 8 games.  College football is even worse...if you lose 2 or 3 games early on you pretty much have no chance to win a title.

The nfl suffers from serious product issues and out of all the major sports, I think it’s the one that could easily be replaced by a better product in 25-50 years if they’re not careful. The game is too slow, some of the rules are awful (e.g., kickoffs that almost always go into the end zone now) and there’s not enough games.  Great sport, but a suspect product that needs improvement.

jan '16 ruined snow for me.  it was the goat of blizzards (well, maybe a toss up with '96).  i'm kinda turning into a severe weather dude.  i'll always love a good snowstorm, but damn if these winters here aren't becoming hit/miss.  we need more decades like the 80s.  would be nice if this upcoming winter is a standard dec/jan/feb snowy.  don't care for early or late season snows.  just make it happen when it's supposed to.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic