Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August dawgs are barking ... but it looks like the month may split

Typhoon Tip

18 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Nice. Should have not doubted that. That’s impressive this late and with those dews.

I don't think you were that far off despite that result at Logan, Scott -

I encountered large variance in temperature across 40 miles of travels today, despite the west wind, with many towns having trouble exceed 91, while others were above 95.  It was rather unusual considering said wind and limit ceiling contamination - a more homogenized result did not occur though.

It was a good hot pop for urban islands and their immediate exhaust shadows I suspect, where standard rural regions made doubters more right than they may be aware/think -

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea, when a neighborhood safety watcher, cop wannabe, can chase down an unarmed teenage boy and shoot him to death....and get away with it. Ya know, ‘stand your ground’, whack gun laws. 

Yea cuz thats the reason I wouldnt move to Florida instead I'd live in the gun crime free cities of Hartford Bridgeport and New Haven

• Haha 1

I had an 88F up here today.  Was expecting 91-93F but a fairly thick high overcast moved in.  Very hazy,  a mix of a dirty airmass and western smoke.  Wonder how much the smoke effects temp vs a cleaner atmosphere with increased solar insolation.  The slightly lower sun angle must also be factored in compare to an early July sun.

72F at 10:25 pm here in the old high desert. Nothing like a 34 Tdew. :) Of course we can have days in June when it hits 100F and drops to 58F or so every once in a while.

El Ninos in Boston with three or more days of 95F or greater highs since 1930 in August? 1953, 2002

We've had five 95F+ days this August here, but not since 8/8. Enjoy the heat and humidity I guess.