Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

11 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Euro also had us getting back doored early this week, how did that work out?

it loves to amp up canadian s/w's and drive highs down after about 144 hours or so before backing off as we get closer. that's what i expect to happen next week

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ag3 said:

The best representative of the NYC boroughs, LGA, is up to 97 degrees at 3:00pm.

I don’t know why it isn't considered the city’s “official” station. Central Park, despite its extensive history, seems to be a lost cause at this point.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cfa said:

I don’t know why it isn't considered the city’s “official” station. Central Park, despite its extensive history, seems to be a lost cause at this point.

You know you have me there. It’s insanely hot in in the city right now. Definitly the worst “feeling” day of the summer. I actually went into work an hour later then normal to avoid the peak of the heat. 

13 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

You know you have me there. It’s insanely hot in in the city right now. Definitly the worst “feeling” day of the summer. I actually went into work an hour later then normal to avoid the peak of the heat. 

I don’t blame you, it’s too hot for anything remotely strenuous. Today truly is the hottest feeling day this summer. My dog kept dragging me into the shade during our walk, he didn’t even attempt to run and he’s normally a ball of energy.

1 hour ago, forkyfork said:

it loves to amp up canadian s/w's and drive highs down after about 144 hours or so before backing off as we get closer. that's what i expect to happen next week

Agreed - was posting about that earlier that Mon - Thu could feature sneaky heat and out perform guidance if we stay clear.   Also may see ridge / heights resurge in the 9/13 - 9/15 period - way out there but ridging reacting to the warm waters at play.    bet on warmth and rain..

As usual the EURO has an average high of 84 for the next 10 days, the same GFS run has 93.   The GFS almost got its revenge today, however.

Concerning the mid-Sept. period, the CFS has TS mischief on EC then, I believe.

Highest official temp. that I heard was 98 at Tom's River, 3pm.