• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

In Tarrytown for the night. Wow what a difference here as opposed to the city/Island without the marine influence. Multiple rounds of impressive storms. The first cell crossing the Hudson at around 645 with frequent massive cloud to ground lightning was an epic sight. Strong winds, torrential rain and frequent vivid lightning on 3 rounds so far. 

21 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

.04” at the wantagh meso. Found every single possible way to miss every storm. Back to a typical south shore misses everything pattern

..got nailed pretty good out here..// .50" of rain overnite with thunder & lighting(woke me @ 2am).

another crap weekend for the beach..times running out as labor day is only 2 weeks away..

Yeah boy that was some rain last night eh! I got just shy of 2" between about 6pm and midnight in several intense rounds. The constant rolling thunder and lightning was a great show too. My backyard almost dried out enough to mow it for the first time in a few weeks before this but now it's back to sink in 2-3" if you step off the patio. It's getting thick out there :( #bringbackthedrought

1 hour ago, wxallannj said:

Here in Clifton:   2.21"  of rain since yesterday evening.   Total for this month 10.22"  making this the 2nd wettest August in my 45 years of record keeping.  2011 was the wettest August with 17.28" falling of which 9.27" recorded during Hurricane Irene!

Most stayed n of me last nite, just 0.21" total and 4.50" for month...likewise my wettest Aug was 2011 with 21.53"...had 25.50" during the 30 day period from around 8/5 - 9/5.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, doncat said:

Most stayed n of me last nite, just 0.21" total and 4.50" for month...likewise my wettest Aug was 2011 with 21.53"...had 25.50" during the 30 day period from around 8/5 - 9/5.

Same here 0.10 in the bucket.  

19 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Still appears that the nicest weather of the entire summer is coming late next week. Sunny with 80 degree temps and very dry air. Dewpoints in the 50s. Great weather thursday through next weekend. Then heat probably returns for the week before Labor Day.

Timing of the next round of heat looks on/around 8/25 (next weekend)  Likely arriving Suday and peaking 8/27-8/30 we'll see how hot and if any records could fall then.  Overall looking warm at this point into early Sep (labor day weekend)

26 minutes ago, SACRUS said:

Timing of the next round of heat looks on/around 8/25 (next weekend)  Likely arriving Suday and peaking 8/27-8/30 we'll see how hot and if any records could fall then.  Overall looking warm at this point into early Sep (labor day weekend)

Yeah the heat could start as early as sunday the 26th. But the 23rd through the 25th look as if they could be some of the top 10 days of the year. 80 degree weather with very low humidity. A nice break from all the humidity we've had this summer.