• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

The RWTT does not show the trough reaching us during LDW as some have spoken about.   We are protected by a +100m ridge.   In fact the next 90 days look that way right now, as I have mentioned, on this RWTT output.

We'll see what kind of penetrating power any trough does have here, soon enough.   A TS, or several,  could kick start a new regime for the N.East, with the  -NAO they could create.

3 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

BUST.    Models have backed off that with the slower fronts-showers/storms overnight but nothing big.

Yep. Coinsides with the SPC slight risk box north of us. The Catskill into North West CT look to cash in on some severe weather later today. HRRR does have some storms coming through the city around 8 through 1 am but they are nothing great. Soundings do support severe weather just not as much as they showed yesterday. 

88/73/96 at work in New Brunswick.

Feels almost dystopic outside.  The punishing humidity, smoky, hazy, partly cloudy "blue" sky gives one the impression he lives in a Franz Kafka novel.  Even when it is sunny, it is not sunny.

I'm actually pretty stunned there's no Air Quality Alert today.  How is that possible?

21 minutes ago, Will - Rutgers said:

88/73/96 at work in New Brunswick.

Feels almost dystopic outside.  The punishing humidity, smoky, hazy, partly cloudy "blue" sky gives one the impression he lives in a Franz Kafka novel.  Even when it is sunny, it is not sunny.

I'm actually pretty stunned there's no Air Quality Alert today.  How is that possible?

I wondered that too