• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

One of the heaviest downpous of the last 3 years here in SW Suffolk. 1.5 at Wantagh mostly in just 25 to 30 minutes. Came in about 3-4 torrential waves in SW Suffolk. First wave arrived with a 35 mph gust and near 0 visibility. Frequent cloud to ground lightning throughout. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Heaviest downpour of the last 3 years here in SW Suffolk. 1.5 at Wantagh mostly in just 25 to 30 minutes. Came in about 3-4 torrential waves in SW Suffolk. First wave arrived with a 35 mph gust and near 0 visibility. Frequent cloud to ground lightning throughout. 

Had 35 mph gusts as well with the main event.  

14 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Must be plenty of flash flooding and stuck cars especially near those parkway overpasses. 

WUNIDS_map.gif.787e326aff08d8f3b20bacaff691bb9a.gif

That dark red blotch nne of Freeport is me.  Is that a radar estimate of 5-6"?  My eyes suck.

Non-stop sirens for past 30 mins. 

30 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Seeing alot of lightning off to the east and also hearing thunder to the west yet nothing on radar out here

I've never used the word "cucked" in regards to the weather (or anything, actually), but watching Mother Nature bang everyone else but you makes it seem like the perfect word.  I mean the line fell apart approaching Middlesex Co from the west and then those severe cells popped to the east.  Just astonishing how bad my thunderstorm luck has been this year after a very successful 2017.

Just now, SnoSki14 said:

It's crazy that I've been missing these storms by maybe 4-5 miles tops, there's one just now about 5-6 miles to my SE. 

We should form some kind of Middlesex weather support group.

7 minutes ago, Will - Rutgers said:

I've never used the word "cucked" in regards to the weather (or anything, actually), but watching Mother Nature bang everyone else but you makes it seem like the perfect word.  I mean the line fell apart approaching Middlesex Co from the west and then those severe cells popped to the east.  Just astonishing how bad my thunderstorm luck has been this year after a very successful 2017.

We should form some kind of Middlesex weather support group.

I mean good for everyone else but it is annoying. N. Monmouth getting slammed right now.

I wonder with all this humidity, AN rainfall, and high SSTs if September will be unusually active once we add in some upper level/shear support. 

Best light show I’ve seen in years. Photogenic lightning in all directions while driving on the LIE.

Saw a bolt come down dead center over the roadway and branch out in opposite directions (like an upside down letter T), each branch was miles long.

48 minutes ago, ForestHillWx said:

Happy for the folks near the coast/city who've missed the storms the past few weeks. 

I'm still seeing quite the light show and I must be at least 45 miles as the crow flys. Maybe I'm seeing another cell in union county?

No I was seeing it as well from well north and west of the storms