Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2018-19 Is Coming

WxUSAF

7 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Me too.  Unfortunately, it's not coming for at least the next 10 days.  Staring at a 6-day run of 90F in September is just sickening.

You know we don’t cool down without a huge fight.  October before we can even think about low 70s for highs.  

On 8/29/2018 at 7:40 AM, anotherman said:

I just always hope it says warm and wet for us since it says cold and snowy every single year and fails.  Sort of like Bustardi's "forecasts."

I read through some of it...For this winter, it actually isn't as snow-happy in it's predictions (in fact, this is the first one in the last several years where it didn't call for 1 to 2 feet of snow at some point). I get it just as a hobby...and it is kinda entertaining when it's right on a particular week (like this week...called for humid!). I find that it'll get certain things right on a given day/week (regardless of the time of year). So I realize I'm a bit on an island here, but I think their formula hits just enough times to call it a little more than luck.

On 9/2/2018 at 4:55 PM, Chris78 said:

Has anybody seen the new cansips? It's not out  yet on TT.

Still hasn't updated on TT. In other news, the CFS still looks like crap up top with +AO/+NAO and WAR for much of met winter. The good news there is plenty of time, it is the CFS so no one really cares, and it is due for one of it's many complete flips. 

3 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Still hasn't updated on TT. In other news, the CFS still looks like crap up top with +AO/+NAO and WAR for much of met winter. The good news there is plenty of time, it is the CFS so no one really cares, and it is due for one of it's many complete flips. 

I usually try to ignore the cfs because it rarely shows what I want. Lol

4 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Last couple of times I looked it was decent. Guess it was about time for it's bipolar phase to kick in. Really can't get worked up about it either way.

This just out.......

I thought we did better with a moderate El Nino, however,  maybe the location of the warmer waters and forcing are just as important .

Mentioning this from another forum :

From @WorldClimateSvc - "The latest Environment Canada CanSIPS seasonal forecast is finally available. Much weaker El Niño now indicated: Dec-Feb Niño3.4 anomaly now only +0.67°C versus +1.08 last month."

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I am not even gonna talk science. There is no chance we fail 4 years in a row. No chance I tell ya.

Well, technically this would be the third year in the row since we did pull off the mega-blizzard in 2016!! My guess is that even if this year doesn't work out...maybe next year we get a mod El Niño and epicness! :D (I've ready half-given up on this winter until we see some more positive trends. Coming off of La Niña last year? I just don't trust it, lol)

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Well, technically this would be the third year in the row since we did pull off the mega-blizzard in 2016!! My guess is that even if this year doesn't work out...maybe next year we get a mod El Niño and epicness! :D (I've ready half-given up on this winter until we see some more positive trends. Coming off of La Niña last year? I just don't trust it, lol)

That blizzard barely counts.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Jandurin said:

That blizzard barely counts.

Now you have gone and done it. Now going to have two pages of people arguing back and forth about if one great storm makes a great winter even if the rest of the winter sucked. 

And the correct answer there is that one storm does not make a good winter. B)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Now you have gone and done it. Now going to have two pages of people arguing back and forth about if one great storm makes a great winter even if the rest of the winter sucked. 

And the correct answer there is that one storm does not make a good winter. B)

x2

• Like 2