• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2018 Observations

Solak

Been interesting watching all our weather retrograding to the West all week long. Missed today's showers by 2 miles to the E (it rained at the airport) and 8 miles to the NW (it rained at our daughters during her cookout).

It's dry here. I missed most all of the rain from the last rounds and today there were storms all around as the front pushed south and we slid through a gap and didn't even get a trace.  Another hot dry week coming after a nice weekend so the lawnmower will stay in the shed.

16 minutes ago, jburns said:

It's dry here. I missed most all of the rain from the last rounds and today there were storms all around as the front pushed south and we slid through a gap and didn't even get a trace.  Another hot dry week coming after a nice weekend so the lawnmower will stay in the shed.

Same here. I've missed the storms so far. I hate these popup type storms, much rather see some organized bands that cross the state. 

28 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Raining pretty good at the house right now.  Nice west-east band moving south.

That band formed after it passed my house. We got the Emergency Management message about flooding in Raleigh. My wife asked if that was something we needed to worry about; which I replied "oh God no, it doesn't rain here anymore". :weep: 

• Sad 1

What an amazing reprieve Mother Nature has provided this morning and today.  61 and windy, not a cloud in the sky!  I know she is going to drop the hammer later this week with another heat wave, but this day might get me thru July  without going crazy from the heat.  For now, I'll take my late September morning and not burn my feet on the deck!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, calculus1 said:

The air is awesome this morning! Off to Shenandoah National Park for a week! Should be good hiking weather.

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using Tapatalk

Temps should be great this week at Shenandoah (..for July). Looks like low to mid 80s for highs and 60s for lows. Have fun!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, calculus1 said:

The air is awesome this morning! Off to Shenandoah National Park for a week! Should be good hiking weather.

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using Tapatalk

Have a good time.  I remember hiking to Corbin Cabin back in '07.

Afternoon folks!

WHAT a YUGE relief from the HEAT this Early July! Well deserved for ALL of Us in the SouthEast!

Walked out the door this Morning, @ 5:30am, WHAT a WELCOME Respite! It felt like Early Fall.

After nearly *Whiteout* "Heavy RAIN" conditions yesterday as T-Storms moved though AND putting on a Awesome Lightshow..

Picked up nearly a 1 1/2" yesterday IMBY, in short order.. (Yes; My RICE Paddie is doing quite well).. ;)

Just before sunrise, 69.9 F breezy conditions.

Currently 79F here on the Beach, partly Cloudy

Humidity & DEW IS AT 77 & 70.9% respectively.

Winds are out of the NORTH @ 17MPH gusting too 25 mph or so..

Beach water temp, (at Johnny Mercers pier, Wrightsville beach) is at 89F, , Yes you read that correctly, Bath water temps..

This VARIES up & down our local beaches, in Carolina Beach it is at 84F.

Turned off the AC this morning, (IT was cooler outside than indoors!)

Opened the Winders, airing out the Home.

Fishing is beginning too enter the summer Doldrums, though the King & Spanish Mackerel bite is "off the hook" with-in one mile off the beaches, Lots of reports of YUGE KING Mackerels exceeding 30 pounds up to 50 pounds have been common in the past couple week(s)..

Spanish Macks in the 4~6 pound class.

There have been SAILFISH  caught & sighted off the Local pier here,and MANY caught with-in one mile off the beach..

Now get this! A Guy caught a MAHI~MAHI While fishing a Bottom Rig, Fishing for Red Drum , ON THE BEACH..

There's even been a few Bonefish caught here in the area(s), Almost unheard of!

Anyhoo, sry for the lil OT posting..

Here's that pic of the Mahi~Mahi caught ON THE BEACH!

nick-walke1.jpg