• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
psuhoffman

Last summer the BBQ was a blast. A few people including supernovasky the other day have expressed interest. How many would be interested?  I would love to host again, last year was fun and I have the space but I know it's a hike for some.  This is just a feeler to guage interest. If people want to do it we could set something up later in the summer or fall. Sorry I went silent for a while but the newborn and some work stuff had me busy and it's been slow on the weather side. 

I spoke to PSUHoff recently and said I could offer my place in Germantown. It's not nearly as big as his place - just a townhome. It has a back yard albeit it's a much smaller back yard, and no pool. 

Ideally his place would probably work better but just offering it as another option if his neck of the woods is too much of a hike.

Otherwise, I'm totally down and will go to his place at moments notice! :)

3 hours ago, supernovasky said:

I spoke to PSUHoff recently and said I could offer my place in Germantown. It's not nearly as big as his place - just a townhome. It has a back yard albeit it's a much smaller back yard, and no pool. 

Ideally his place would probably work better but just offering it as another option if his neck of the woods is too much of a hike.

Otherwise, I'm totally down and will go to his place at moments notice! :)

You should make a copy of your house key now and leave one in the flower pot out front before making the long drive.  :bike:

If there's nothing on my schedule, I'll be there. Who else is chipping in to fly 007 and his +1 in to town?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I could probably make it if it were more of an early fall outing. Mid Sept- early Oct maybe? Its typically the best weather time of the year.

Plus we can discuss SAI and the upcoming Nino/-NAO winter and stuff.

Like the early fall idea myself. Temps should hopefully be somewhat cooler and we can argue over how much snow we are going to get. Already got my money on 150% over average for this winter. :D

• Like 1

20 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

You should make a copy of your house key now and leave one in the flower pot out front before making the long drive.  :bike:

If there's nothing on my schedule, I'll be there. Who else is chipping in to fly 007 and his +1 in to town?

That's just wrong. Funny, but still wrong. :lol:

eta: And 007 can find his own way down. That turncoat. :devilsmiley:

• Haha 1

I have family things going on the last weekend of July and first 3 weekends of Aug.  Bob said later was better, others have suggested fall, and it would be hard to plan and have people available before then so the end of Aug or Fall might work best. Weather should be nicer. And we will have more info on our coming 50"+ modoki Nino to discuss.  Other then that I'm open to whatever. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I have family things going on the last weekend of July and first 3 weekends of Aug.  Bob said later was better, others have suggested fall, and it would be hard to plan and have people available before then so the end of Aug or Fall might work best. Weather should be nicer. And we will have more info on our coming 50"+ modoki Nino to discuss.  Other then that I'm open to whatever. 

Latest CPC ENSO update has upped probability of a Nino for the winter months to 65%. Just sayin.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Where are you drinking these days? It would be fun to meet up and talk breweries.

Working for Key, DuClaw, and Charm City Mead these days. DM me. Love to catch up. If this BBQ happens though, rest assured, I’ll bring beer for all. B) :drunk:

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

We should BBQ the next time there's a chase to be had in OCMD. I can't believe that was only a few months ago. 

One of the best decisions I've ever made. Walking that mile or so to get to @ers-wxman1 was the most difficult walk of my life lol. 

Way to rub it in. I assume you are just practicing for this winter when you come down and troll us with your 5+ feet of snow? :lol:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Way to rub it in. I assume you are just practicing for this winter when you come down and troll us with your 5+ feet of snow? :lol:

He said he wouldn't do that... but just wait for that first Miller B when it screws us and he's enjoying a foot of snow in blizzard conditions :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

This'll be the year the MA jackpots in a Moodookiiii as I sniff cirrus from my balcony week after week. 

May the former Reaper of Souls' backyard become as barren as the desert plains of Stephens City, VA and as torched as the tarmac of DCA should I ever try to gloat in a victory as my brethren anguish in defeat. 

You can PM and gloat if you like. Won't bother me any. Well, maybe just a little. :D

7 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

We should BBQ the next time there's a chase to be had in OCMD. I can't believe that was only a few months ago. 

One of the best decisions I've ever made. Walking that mile or so to get to @ers-wxman1 was the most difficult walk of my life lol. 

You had the chance to really impress and make the trek up to Rehoboth to meet me at DFH. Of course it would have had to be the night before the blizzard, because it was shut down like everything else the day of. Hotel Rehoboth treated me well- fed me and the 5 others staying there brunch and dinner.

That was 2 epic Jan storms in a row for me at the DE beaches. Hopefully I will be going for the trifecta in a few more months. Fun stuff!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Wind driven snow > calm snow

• Like 1