Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Doldrums - Summer in full effect Pattern and Model Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

18 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Overnight runs were trash for good summer weather. Prob a good play to punt the first half of Aug. 

Looked fine for swimming to me.  Nothing wrong with beaches and lakes.  Warm and humid with enough decently dry wx to allow swimming, hiking, drinking.

13 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Looks muggy and wet. Not good for backyard bbq’s and cornhole tournaments. 

Well I’m an imby guy.  I’ve been nice most of the summer with some rain but not above normal.  Muggy is the norm especially for you in summer.  I spent 15 years in LA-not muggy most of the time but you were always within an hours drive of 100-120 temperatures.

9 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

They have shown poker for years...

Wouldn’t mind a few shots at 90F here over the next 2 weeks.  Have not touched it since early July

Which is still much better watching, if you play, then cornhole.

It’s been 3 days of coc weather so not bad but west folks back in the boundry of muggy downpours rest of week. 

3 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

I don't disagree with the sentiment but this argument in general sort of falls flat... it's like how detractors of winter think they have the ultimate "gotcha" when they ask how you can like cold weather and still wear a jacket outside.

Cept we can do a hundred things more in cold weather and be comfortable, always put more on , in HHH only so much you can take off and we are limited in our strenuous activities. As someone said Kevin has never run his route at 92/71

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Climate is a b**ch. 

Climate?   not sure what you mean... Climate is an average of ups and downs...

Regardless of one's impressions of bitchy climate ... it's irrelevant next to the pattern at hand...  to which, that does not hearken summer's extinction ...probably through mid Aug.. 10th to the 12th or so... That's how I'm leaning...  

I started an August thread -

• Like 1

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Climate?   not sure what you mean... Climate is an average of ups and downs...

Regardless of one's impressions of bitchy climate ... it's irrelevant next to the pattern at hand...  to which, that does not hearken summer's extinction ...probably through mid Aug.. 10th to the 12th or so... That's how I'm leaning...  

I started an August thread -

I'm referring to the average high/low temps for the day historically.  Thought what I was referring to was pretty evident in how I worded it originally.  Apparently not.  Now referring to the current and upcoming pattern, it will be above average it would appear, I agree so that is going against historical data.

20 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

People get very upset over their summer climatology. 

Looks like peak here is this week but unfortunately the weather missed the memo but there are 50 days at least of what i consider summer weather down here. The big pond likes to keep us back end loaded with warmth

Screenshot_20180731-140135_Chrome.jpg